Hilton or Hampton inn cocoa beach?

heatheranderson13

So there is a $5o difference today in this hotel and hubby is thinking that is a lot of money as we are Canadian. We know we will have to pay the parking and there is no breakfast. But this would at most cost us $25. So for the savings of $25 US is it worth the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which one is $50 cheaper?

Are you driving down? Parking? or just overnight parking for rental?

Have you looked at the hotels in Port Canaveral which are closer?

Or did you want an oceanfront?

Hampton Inn's breakfast is reasonably decent, serve yourself. Can certainly fill you up until you get on board your ship.

Which one is $50 cheaper?

Are you driving down? Parking? or just overnight parking for rental?

Have you looked at the hotels in Port Canaveral which are closer?

Or did you want an oceanfront?

Hampton Inn's breakfast is reasonably decent, serve yourself. Can certainly fill you up until you get on board your ship.

Hilton is cheaper.

Just our rental overnight for a few nights

We are staying for 4 days before the cruise so wanted something easy with nice pool etc. The other hotels are even more expensive so we have not considered them.

Right now Hilton is 170$ Canadian

Thanks

Have you checked out the International Palms?? We have stayed there several times before and after cruises. Not as fancy as the Hilton but clean, reasonably priced, right on the beach with a beautiful pool. It has a beach side, outside restaurant/bar as well as a breakfast restaurant inside and a and only about a half mile from the Hilton!! Save yourself some $$. Check it out!

Have you checked out the International Palms?? We have stayed there several times before and after cruises. Not as fancy as the Hilton but clean, reasonably priced, right on the beach with a beautiful pool. It has a beach side, outside restaurant/bar as well as a breakfast restaurant inside and a and only about a half mile from the Hilton!! Save yourself some $$. Check it out!

Yes we have. My hubby said no due to the bad reviews. He likes nice hotels lol

Homewood Suites is the newest hotel and closest to the port. Has free breakfast and gets great reviews.

Residence Inn is across the street and also have free breakfast and gets awesome reviews.

Neither on the beach but definitely close to the port.....

I understand what hubby is implying about "nice" brand name hotels. Unless you walk around to a local diner or chain restaurant, you'll most likely spend more than your room savings eating at the Hilton or other pricier restaurants.

So do this.

1) List all your MUST HAVES( anything that if missing will break the deal).

2)List any extras you'd like to see in the lodging.

3)Go out to Trip Advisor.

4)Compare pictures of both--rooms, facilities, pool, etc..

5) Compare amenities (what you get in each room--free wifi versus pay for internet service for example).

6) Compare reviews. Skip all the 5 star reviews. Skip all reviews older than 1 year (Or prior to any recently mentioned renovation). Skip all one and two star reviews is fewer than 20% of total reviews. Now look at the most recent 4 and 3 star reviews for comments on your MUST HAVES.

7) Pick hotel with best comments on MUST HAVES and best comparison to your expectations in pictures and on amenities.

8) If still tied, go with best package deal (lowest price).

Homewood Suites is the newest hotel and closest to the port. Has free breakfast and gets great reviews.

Residence Inn is across the street and also have free breakfast and gets awesome reviews.

Neither on the beach but definitely close to the port.....

Very very expensive so while I love them they are just too much money

Sent from my iPad using Forums