Cell phone while cruising?

dmc6469

So I got Voom for using my cell phone for Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, etc. My phone will be on for this but do I need to contact my carrier and do anything about my service? Being in Mexico, I don't want to be charged international roaming charges so how do I avoid that? I used to just keep my phone off once we sailed and just used the internet in the library but now that we are allowed to use our phones, I'm a little confused as to how this will work.

Edited by dmc6469

So I got Voom for using my cell phone for Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, etc. My phone will be on for this but do I need to contact my carrier and do anything about my service? Being in Mexico, I don't want to be charged international roaming charges so how do I avoid that? I used to just keep my phone off once we sailed and just used the internet in the library but now that we are allowed to use our phones, I'm a little confused as to how this will work.

Just put the phone in Airplane mode and then turn on WiFI. No carrier charges this way.

If you have Verizon, they have a plan for $2 a day while in any Mexican port that features unlimited calling, texting and data - just like if you were home in the USA. This is true only in port. It must be set up ahead of time with them before you leave.

It worked very well this summer in Cabo, puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Viv0828