Question About Dream Class Balcony Cabins

funat55

I'm already booked, so this question may be moot, but do any of the balcony cabins look straight down into the ocean? It looks like the balconies all look down on to other balconies or promenades. This same question goes for the Vista as well.

I'm already booked, so this question may be moot, but do any of the balcony cabins look straight down into the ocean? It looks like the balconies all look down on to other balconies or promenades. This same question goes for the Vista as well.

The Cove balconies on deck two look straight down into the water and they are close too, but above that, no. The regular balconies have a walking deck below them on like deck 3 or 4.

This was the view looking down from our cove balcony on the Dream last month.DSCN2449_zpsolgioqlj.jpg

That is a great picture. How did you like being on deck two? Did you feel more or less movement then being on a higher deck?

We've done coves on Breeze & Dream (2x) mid ship & port side. Didn't notice much more movement there but we don't have issues with motion so may not have noticed. We absolutely love the coves, closer to the water, they are built into the hull of the ship, so you feel secluded. Only negative we found is that the floor & railings were always damp/wet.

The Promenade (deck 5) circles the ship on Dream class but is minimal fore and aft. When we book a balcony on those ships we always check the deck plans but if memory serves it is about 4 stateroom aft of the aft elevator. I prefer deck 7 or 8 so that I have staterooms above and below.

Coves are another favorite but be extra sure to check the deck plans. Under the galley is risky. Very risky.