Can you leave an excursion early?

Morgan202

Hi Everyone, First time Viking cruiser, and first time ever cruiser!

I am taking the January 15th Secrets of the Southern Med. cruise and one of our ports is in Valencia. We are signed up for the free excursion in the morning and were hoping to meet up with a friend downtown for lunch just afterwards. Is it possible to exit the tour before making it back to the boat to get us to our lunch date more quickly? We were thinking we would get off the bus or the van and hop into a taxi rather than waste time going back to the boat, then back to the city. Thoughts?

Hi Everyone, First time Viking cruiser, and first time ever cruiser!

I am taking the January 15th Secrets of the Southern Med. cruise and one of our ports is in Valencia. We are signed up for the free excursion in the morning and were hoping to meet up with a friend downtown for lunch just afterwards. Is it possible to exit the tour before making it back to the boat to get us to our lunch date more quickly? We were thinking we would get off the bus or the van and hop into a taxi rather than waste time going back to the boat, then back to the city. Thoughts?

Of course you can leave a tour early if you want to....just as long as you inform the tour guide that you will be making your own way back to the ship, so they don't keep the coach waiting for you. Valencia is a lovely city with great Paella. A taxi back to the port from the city centre is about €14.

Of course! You may leave a tour at any time but it is very important to tell your guide that you are leaving the tour so that the whole group will not be held up waiting for you to return.

If you tell the guide your plan at the start of the tour, they may even be able to help you choose the right time to leave and a good place to find a cab.

I was in Valencia on a Viking Ocean Cruise last January. I think Valencia was my favorite Port. I believe they had a bus from the City Center to the ship on the hour so you could notify your guide that you would be leaving the tour early and find out the time of the last bus and where you could pick it up. They had a similar system in each port where you could not easily walk from the port to the City Center. Enjoy your cruise.

I was in Valencia on a Viking Ocean Cruise last January. I think Valencia was my favorite Port. I believe they had a bus from the City Center to the ship on the hour so you could notify your guide that you would be leaving the tour early and find out the time of the last bus and where you could pick it up. They had a similar system in each port where you could not easily walk from the port to the City Center. Enjoy your cruise.

For any port where shuttle service is being offered, the schedule should be available at the Shorex desk on Deck 1. Copies should be available to carry with you.