Cost friendly ideas for families?

tiptopz

Looking for cost friendly excursions for our family for our upcoming cruise. It seems most excursions will cost us $400 us (which is over $500 Canadian) per port. Looking for suggestions for:

St. John's Antigua

San Juan, PR

St Marteen

Martinique

Thanks for any help! We like beaches too so walking distance beaches are welcome too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In Antigua my family of 4, 2 adults and 2 teenagers, took the bus, #22, to Darkwood beach. There are other beaches on the same bus route. Check Google Maps. Darkwood is not crowed.

The bus cost $1.25 US per person each way. The bus station is about a 10 - 15 minute walk from the cruise port. The bus station is on Market Street. Exiting the port, go right and the bus station is just beyond the fish market and a statue of a man's head.

Just let the bus driver know what stop you want. It was about a 20-30 minute drive.

When you return bus stop will be on left side of the road. When we were there on November 30, the return bus sign was on the ground, but ask at the bar and they will tell you where to wait.

We were lucky. We filled the bus and left right away and on return, the bus came in 5 minutes.

Here is another thread about Darkwood.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2337228

Looking for cost friendly excursions for our family for our upcoming cruise. It seems most excursions will cost us $400 us (which is over $500 Canadian) per port. Looking for suggestions for:

St. John's Antigua

San Juan, PR

St Marteen

Martinique

Thanks for any help! We like beaches too so walking distance beaches are welcome too :)

Antigua

If just a taxi or tour with/without a beach stop, ask Roger about a bespoke tour. Have used without any complaints - reliable, excellent and kind -

https://www.facebook.com/rogertaxitoursantigua/

• 2 weeks later...

In Antigua a mini van size taxi trip, including wait time for return, was about $80 u.s. to the Antigua Humane Society Donkey Sanctuary. Admission there is free and brushes are provided to pet the donkeys. You can adopt one for $25 u.s. dollars and we got a photo of our donkey on the "adoption certificate". Only took a few hours and we shared the cab. English is the official language of the island.

In Antiqua Scenic tours antiqua does an island tour---which includes a stop at both nelsons boatyard and Shirley heights---cost includes the $8 admission to Nelsons---with no beach break its 33 US----I think 10 more for time at a beach----it was a nice mini bus tour with pick up and drop off at the port

Paul