CONFUSED!! And just starting this process

Hi.

First thank you to all of you who have shared your information regarding getting married on a cruise ship.

I am beyond confused as I just started this search in the past week and there is so much information to absorb.

Here is our situation:

From LA or San Diego area, a 4-6 night cruise with approx 20-30 guests

We have both been married before, between the two of us there are 9 children and 4 grandchildren.

We want to get married AT SEA - not in a port.

We dont want a bunch of people at the wedding as we have been engaged 11 years and finally decided to pull the trigger :)

Finally, we dont want a separate reception. As long as we can all eat together, we would be happy!

SO Here is my question:

1. Do I look for a person to marry us (pay for their trip) and just do something on our own on the deck (we want it outdoors)?

2. Do we look at vow renewal packages and secretly not tell family that we weren't really married at sea?

3. Will we be able to bring on flowers, decor, etc?

4. Will the large suites hold 10-15 for a champagne toast?

ANY other thoughts and/or questions are welcome

TIA

I'm not sure if you are asking about a legal ceremony or a symbolic one.

1. Doubtful the cruise line would let you do this without going through their wedding department. You can only get legally married by the captain at sea on a few lines; Princess, Celebrity, Cunard and Azamara.

2. A symbolic ceremony would certainly be easier.

3. Not sure you would be able to bring on fresh flowers.

4. I have no idea. You can look and see how big the suites are; there are so many different cabin sizes.

Hi.

First thank you to all of you who have shared your information regarding getting married on a cruise ship.

I am beyond confused as I just started this search in the past week and there is so much information to absorb.

Here is our situation:

From LA or San Diego area, a 4-6 night cruise with approx 20-30 guests

We have both been married before, between the two of us there are 9 children and 4 grandchildren.

We want to get married AT SEA - not in a port.

We dont want a bunch of people at the wedding as we have been engaged 11 years and finally decided to pull the trigger :)

Finally, we dont want a separate reception. As long as we can all eat together, we would be happy!

SO Here is my question:

1. Do I look for a person to marry us (pay for their trip) and just do something on our own on the deck (we want it outdoors)?

2. Do we look at vow renewal packages and secretly not tell family that we weren't really married at sea?

3. Will we be able to bring on flowers, decor, etc?

4. Will the large suites hold 10-15 for a champagne toast?

ANY other thoughts and/or questions are welcome

TIA

Hi TIA,

Congrats, ok so you do not have to look for a person to marry you, there are cruise lines that do marriages at sea. I know Princess cruise line does legal at sea marriages. Each cruise line has their own set of rules. You also could get legally married at your local city hall and then do a symbolic at sea marriage and you do not have to tell your family no one would know the difference. You can bring décor, but no live flowers they must be fake. The mini suites and lower cabins will not hold 10 - 15 people. Depending on the cruise ship the Upper suites can hold 10 - 15 people. Some cruise lines have a designated area for a ceremony, Champaign toast, along with a luncheon. I must say the options are very wide. All the best, Good luck.

<3 Crystal