Carnival Magic: Menus Questions

amy2313

Hello all,

My sisters and I are cruising together on the Carnival Magic in a couple of months and my sister has a birthday coming up so I was trying to incorporate a bday gift into the cruise planning and thought I might reserve the Steak House for her. With that said, I found a sample Steak House menu on the Carnival site which looks fantastic but now we need to pick which night during our cruise to make the reservation. My thought was to take a look at the day by day menu options and pick our least favorite main dining room options and go to the steak house then.

I tried doing a google search for the Carnival Magic dining room menus and got back a lot of returns but I am not sure which is accurate. One even said the Magic has the American Table menus. Is that true?

If anyone has a copy of the Magic's dinner menus by day 1, day 2, day 3 etc. that would be fantastic or if you could point me to a link that would have this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

I was on the Magic in November. I'm sorry I don't have any menus to share, but I can confirm the Magic does have the American Table menus. They also had entrees in the main dining room each night that corresponded with our locations, for example on our first evening there were foods from Florida and during the week there were other Caribbean entrees, appetizers and desserts.

Edited by Jelly_Toast
Mistakes

I was on the Magic in November. I'm sorry I don't have any menus to share, but I can confirm the Magic does have the American Table menus. They also had entrees in the main dining room each night that corresponded with our locations, for example on our first evening there were foods from Florida and during the week there were other Caribbean entrees, appetizers and desserts.

Thank you! Even knowing that the Magic has the American Table is helpful! Hopefully someone might have a copy of the menus by day or a link to share :)

Which itinerary are you doing? If it's the 7 day Eastern, just note that Elegant nights are the 1st Sea Day and San Juan. :)

In my opinion, the worst menu is Night 3 on the American Table (lamb, veal parmesan, baked ziti, and tilaplia). If I was picking a night to skip, that would be my pick. :P

Which itinerary are you doing? If it's the 7 day Eastern, just note that Elegant nights are the 1st Sea Day and San Juan. :)

In my opinion, the worst menu is Night 3 on the American Table (lamb, veal parmesan, baked ziti, and tilaplia). If I was picking a night to skip, that would be my pick. :P

We are going on the 7-night eastern itinerary with stops in St. Thomas, San Juan, the Dominican Republic and Grand Turk.

Any chance you have pics of the menus per day?? Thank you!

I am wondering the same thing for the western itinerary, have some serious extra OBC and am thinking the steakhouse will get a large portion of it.

I see that you are sailing on the Magic in just a few days (from your signature)!! Lucky you!!

Any chance you are doing the Eastern Itinerary?

Port Canaveral – Sea Day – Amber Cove, DR – St. Thomas – San Juan – Grand Turk – Sea Day – Port Canaveral

If so, would you mind posting pics of the menus, day by day when you get back?? Sure would be helpful!! :)

Hello all,

My sisters and I are cruising together on the Carnival Magic in a couple of months and my sister has a birthday coming up so I was trying to incorporate a bday gift into the cruise planning and thought I might reserve the Steak House for her. With that said, I found a sample Steak House menu on the Carnival site which looks fantastic but now we need to pick which night during our cruise to make the reservation. My thought was to take a look at the day by day menu options and pick our least favorite main dining room options and go to the steak house then.

I tried doing a google search for the Carnival Magic dining room menus and got back a lot of returns but I am not sure which is accurate. One even said the Magic has the American Table menus. Is that true?

If anyone has a copy of the Magic's dinner menus by day 1, day 2, day 3 etc. that would be fantastic or if you could point me to a link that would have this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

In all honesty, there is NOTHING special in the Main Dining Room on any night that would make me want the MDR over the steakhouse! Not even the infamous "lobster night" but thats just me :)

We booked the steakhouse the first night. Absolutely the best dining experience Ive ever had at sea. Highly recommend it on ANY night of your cruise.

We were on the Magic 2 weeks ago (week before Christmas) and truthfully the American Table menu is very ordinary. We only ate in MDR 2 nights then found food to be better choices elsewhere. The items we had were good but there was nothing extra special on the menu.

Did not do steakhouse but if you do go to MDR, you can always add the steakhouse option on in MDR for $20 pp. That way if others want the regular menu in MDR and you want to purchase a nicer steak dinner for birthday you will have option.

We are going on the 7-night eastern itinerary with stops in St. Thomas, San Juan, the Dominican Republic and Grand Turk.

Any chance you have pics of the menus per day?? Thank you!

We didn't take pics of the menus. We did that itinerary though!

The menu that I mentioned that I didn't care for was on Amber Cove night.

This link is the correct menus: http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalFreedomBC9/menu/mdr_menu.html

HOWEVER, your port of call options will be different. I wish I could remember what they all are, but I definitely cannot. I'll list what I can remember at the bottom of this post.

On that link, you will need to swap his nights 5 and 6. Your second elegant night is San Juan, since you are in Grand Turk so late.

Port of call options that I can remember:

Port Canaveral: no idea on appetizer; entree was a swordfish dish with a fruit salsa and coconut rice. My sister got it and LOVED it.

Sea Day 1: American Feast Menu #1

Amber Cove: appetizer: Manju (or something like this?) - smashed plaintains with chorizo and onion and mayber something else. No idea on the entree.

St. Thomas: no idea on the appetizer; some sort of curry was the entree

San Juan: American Feast Menu #2

Grand Turk: Chicken Pasties (fried little chicken pastries) were the appetizer and plantain crusted fish was the entree. I think it might have been sea bass?

Sea Day #2: no idea on appetizer; Caribbean pepper pot was the entree

Edited by tropicaledrink

Is this Steakhouse something everyone should experience at least once? If so, how do I sign up for it? Is it something for maybe just my husband and I or would the whole family (6 of us) like it? The prices may dictate if the whole family would go for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is this Steakhouse something everyone should experience at least once? If so, how do I sign up for it? Is it something for maybe just my husband and I or would the whole family (6 of us) like it? The prices may dictate if the whole family would go for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I say yes. It is very much "worth it" it to me and I recommend everyone try it at least once. Its 35.00 per person though so 6 could add up.

You can prebook now by emailing MCSUPPER@carnival.com but will not have to pay until after your dinner.

We didn't take pics of the menus. We did that itinerary though!

The menu that I mentioned that I didn't care for was on Amber Cove night.

This link is the correct menus: http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalFreedomBC9/menu/mdr_menu.html

HOWEVER, your port of call options will be different. I wish I could remember what they all are, but I definitely cannot. I'll list what I can remember at the bottom of this post.

On that link, you will need to swap his nights 5 and 6. Your second elegant night is San Juan, since you are in Grand Turk so late.

Port of call options that I can remember:

Port Canaveral: no idea on appetizer; entree was a swordfish dish with a fruit salsa and coconut rice. My sister got it and LOVED it.

Sea Day 1: American Feast Menu #1

Amber Cove: appetizer: Manju (or something like this?) - smashed plaintains with chorizo and onion and mayber something else. No idea on the entree.

St. Thomas: no idea on the appetizer; some sort of curry was the entree

San Juan: American Feast Menu #2

Grand Turk: Chicken Pasties (fried little chicken pastries) were the appetizer and plantain crusted fish was the entree. I think it might have been sea bass?

Sea Day #2: no idea on appetizer; Caribbean pepper pot was the entree

THANK YOU!! This is incredibly helpful!! MY plan is to go over all the MDR menus with my sister for the week in order to come up with the night that she likes the least and that will be the night we reserve for her Bday dinner!

Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions on this!!