Magic

cparkerkite

Well, we just pulled the trigger! Spa Suite on the Magic... here we come!!!!!! I'm so excited. We've never had a suite before and I wanted to do it just once in my lifetime! :)

Any advice or tips/tricks yall can share? Good things for kids and families?

Now if 2018 can hurry up and get here. hehehe!

Once you have a suite it is really hard to go back to other cabins (loved the extra dressing area, the jacuzzi tub, extra floor space and larger balcony. We also got FTTF like normal so we could go to the cabin as soon as we boarded the ship.

We just got off the Magic (back to a balcony cabin this time) 2 weeks ago. Loved the ship, best sports deck, ropes course, outdoor space and water slides for kids. Serenity was good but we only spent a little time up there on one day as we were in port 4 days (eastern) so limited on doing stuff on ship.

Comedy club excellent and biggest one we have seen so far on a ship (have not been on Vista) although we still arrived early. The Tandoor grill is handsdown the best food on the ship. Authentic and delicious BUT only open at lunchtime (one port day it was open about an hour later than normal). Have missed that food and actually crave it, so good we ate there everyday.

The only disappointment I would say we had was the MDR, we did have a wonderful private table, great location (requested 3 weeks prior to cruise) but the menu was blah and uninteresting for us. Only went a couple of nights and found ourselves eating elsewhere. Even room service one evening as we had a long day in port (I think maybe St. Thomas) and decided to just relax and eat on balcony. Beautiful out that night and a good choice to rest before starting our evening.

The Dive in movies were decent and lots of chairs on that ship, I would say to arrive a little early if it is a movie you really want to see as it did get crowded after a little while. Still a fun time though. Our son (14) loved this ship and as there were a ton of kids on board (week before Christmas) he had no problem finding friends (especially on sports deck and chess board).

You will have a blast, I am looking to book the Magic again for our Christmas cruise 2017 as well but maybe the week after Christmas this time (NYE is a blast on a cruise as well)....:D

Please help me understand. We have a suite book and carnival told me all perks fttf gets suite guest get plus earlier embarkation and debarkation. Please tell me what they are miss leading me on.

Thanks

They're not misleading you. That's all that suite guest get...besides a bigger room. If I remember the embarkation order correctly, you should go right before FTTF (after weddings, and diamond/platniums).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please help me understand. We have a suite book and carnival told me all perks fttf gets suite guest get plus earlier embarkation and debarkation. Please tell me what they are miss leading me on.

Thanks

I had some questions too. I spoke with my Carnival rep yesterday. You'll get priority embarkation/deparkation/tender, but you do NOT get to go to your room earlier. You have to purchase FTTF to get in your room when you board the ship. We are doing it just because we always over pack and have our daughter. :)

Its so exciting isn't it??? I've already filled out my online check in. haaaaaaa! I can't wait until April is here, then it'll be officially less than a year when we go.

I've never had a suite before and I am looking so forward to it. I may never do it again, but then again, just like someone said.. .its hard to go back. I for sure found that true with balconies. I was upgraded to a balcony on our first cruise and now I won't cruise without one! :)

Magic is an awesome ship, we sailed on it in 2016 and had to book again! Once you go spa or suite there is no going back!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Rutro... says my pocket book (and hubby). Ha!

Silly, I know, but I can't WAIT to take a long hot bath in the bathtub on the first night! And its gonna be so much easier bathing our daughter with a tub. She does not like showers. And our friends have the spa suite next to us and we are opening up the balconies. Its gonna be so much fun!!!!! Eeeeeee!

We love the Spa Suites. We use the spa a couple times a day, so for us it is worth the extra cost. If you don't plan to use the spa then a regular suite would make more sense. Also you have to be 18 to use the spa, so youngsters can not go with you. It is convenient and easy to get to the lido deck, as well as serenity adult only retreat. We think it is also more quiet than other decks, mainly because there are not as many children on the spa deck. Have fun and enjoy your cruise. :cool:

You will have a blast, I am looking to book the Magic again for our Christmas cruise 2017 as well but maybe the week after Christmas this time (NYE is a blast on a cruise as well)....:D

We are booked in 2 inside spa rooms on Magic for the week of Christmas we will have girls with us 12 and 16

On Magic in December. SOOOOOO far away!!!

When in December?

We love the Spa Suites. We use the spa a couple times a day, so for us it is worth the extra cost. If you don't plan to use the spa then a regular suite would make more sense. Also you have to be 18 to use the spa, so youngsters can not go with you. It is convenient and easy to get to the lido deck, as well as serenity adult only retreat. We think it is also more quiet than other decks, mainly because there are not as many children on the spa deck. Have fun and enjoy your cruise. :cool:

So weird I swear when I was reading about the Cloud 9 spa that I read somewhere that as long as a parent was with them they could use the spa ... or maybe that was just the gym?

I had some questions too. I spoke with my Carnival rep yesterday. You'll get priority embarkation/deparkation/tender, but you do NOT get to go to your room earlier. You have to purchase FTTF to get in your room when you board the ship. We are doing it just because we always over pack and have our daughter. :)

Nice to get priority for everything other than accessing the room early - Do you get priority lines for guest service for having the spa room?

Once you have a suite it is really hard to go back to other cabins (loved the extra dressing area, the jacuzzi tub, extra floor space and larger balcony. We also got FTTF like normal so we could go to the cabin as soon as we boarded the ship.

We just got off the Magic (back to a balcony cabin this time) 2 weeks ago. Loved the ship, best sports deck, ropes course, outdoor space and water slides for kids. Serenity was good but we only spent a little time up there on one day as we were in port 4 days (eastern) so limited on doing stuff on ship.

Comedy club excellent and biggest one we have seen so far on a ship (have not been on Vista) although we still arrived early. The Tandoor grill is handsdown the best food on the ship. Authentic and delicious BUT only open at lunchtime (one port day it was open about an hour later than normal). Have missed that food and actually crave it, so good we ate there everyday.

The only disappointment I would say we had was the MDR, we did have a wonderful private table, great location (requested 3 weeks prior to cruise) but the menu was blah and uninteresting for us. Only went a couple of nights and found ourselves eating elsewhere. Even room service one evening as we had a long day in port (I think maybe St. Thomas) and decided to just relax and eat on balcony. Beautiful out that night and a good choice to rest before starting our evening.

The Dive in movies were decent and lots of chairs on that ship, I would say to arrive a little early if it is a movie you really want to see as it did get crowded after a little while. Still a fun time though. Our son (14) loved this ship and as there were a ton of kids on board (week before Christmas) he had no problem finding friends (especially on sports deck and chess board).

Thanks so much for this info! We're booked on the Magic for Christmas 2017, booked it way back in April last year. Got a great rate , so we figured why not! In the past we've booked a spa balcony and have been spoiled, this time a balcony on the lido . Either way can't go wrong on a cruise.. :)

Edited by jolyroger

Thanks so much for this info! We're booked on the Magic for Christmas 2017, booked it way back in April last year. Got a great rate , so we figured why not! In the past we've booked a spa balcony and have been spoiled, this time a balcony on the lido . Either way can't go wrong on a cruise.. :)

We will also be in spa - 2 interiors with our 2 kids - they are 12 and 16 both girls - are you traveling with kids? I always look forward to connecting with people on here as well as going on to facebook and finding the group there

When I spoke to my PVP, he said kids cannot access the spa, but I did tell him my child was 6. Maybe older kids can?

Adults only! Children under 18 are not allowed in the spa. Lots of areas on the ship for the kids. They also have programs for the different age groups. It's nice to have a place for adults to go relax and get away from it all.

Go to Carnival FAQ, the spa policy is there.

Edited by Tyme2Cruise

You'll get priority embarkation/deparkation/tender, but you do NOT get to go to your room earlier. You have to purchase FTTF to get in your room when you board the ship.

THIS....you will need FTTF to access your cabin the moment you board with a suite. You will get the rest of the perks for priority but not cabin access. It is so worth being able to enjoy that suite for most of the first day and get settled in the cabin earlier. We absolutely loved it!!!!

So weird I swear when I was reading about the Cloud 9 spa that I read somewhere that as long as a parent was with them they could use the spa ... or maybe that was just the gym?

It is just the gym, the spa you need to be over 18. There are also health risks as well.