Glory drydock.....

jayscore

Any clues or rumors as to what the Glory dry dock will involve next month?

I'm curious, being I'll be on her 4-29.:)

We're sailing on 4/29 as well and I am finally getting EXCITED. It will be interesting to see what has changed on the Glory after the dry dock

We're sailing on 4/29 as well and I am finally getting EXCITED. It will be interesting to see what has changed on the Glory after the dry dock

There is a roll call for this cruise here at CC, and "that other place", if you are interested.

It already has all the 2.0 stuff

Understood!

I wonder if the Fish'n'Chips will be replaced with the BBQ place like Conquest did.

No big deal to me what is done, as long as they allow me on board!:p

I was on the Glory Nov 5th and Nov 12th and she does have flat screen T.V.s already. Hull will be scraped and repainted, probably engine and thruster maintenance, deck refinishing, red frog pub addition, furniture replacement where needed, wall and drapery repair where needed, carpeting and tile replacement where needed, and needed painting and repairs.

I saw the above regarding Glory's stay in dry dock in another thread. Looks as though she will be getting a nice overhaul prior to our cruise...we are going April 29 too and cannot wait.

• 2 months later...

I know they replaced a lot of carpet, paint, tile and replaced some of the propulsion system (not sure that's the correct term). And they completed updated the water slide area with the water works found on newer ships. It appeared they may have replaced the big movie screen but looking for confirmation on that and hoping they replaced all the mattresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know they replaced a lot of carpet, paint, tile and replaced some of the propulsion system (not sure that's the correct term). And they completed updated the water slide area with the water works found on newer ships. It appeared they may have replaced the big movie screen but looking for confirmation on that and hoping they replaced all the mattresses.

The movie screen is still there

Thanks! Do you think it is new or an old one? I know they took it down during dry dock.

It looks the same size but I am not sure if it is new or not. My friend just got off the ship today but i don't know if she would know whether it's new or not. I am glad they still have it up.

Click on Carnival Glory on the right side of the page. It'll pull up all the threads pertaining to the Glory. There's quite a few about the dry dock, some from people who just cruised. You might find some good info in there. I haven't looked at them in a few days, but I know people were posting some pictures in some of them.