Question about the Epic

pebbles1102

I know in the official rules there is no topless sunbathing on the freestyle deck, but it enforced strictly?

I was on the Dec 10th - 17th Eastern Caribbean cruise and the one day I went up to deck 19 to take a couple of photos there was a lady sunbathing in the nude, as in naked. She was the only person up there. Needless to say I didn't take any pictures.

I know in the official rules there is no topless sunbathing on the freestyle deck, but it enforced strictly?

I was on Epic the final week of December. For most of the trip, the deck was roped off. On the final day (at sea), the rope disappeared. There was no sign indicating "Freestyle, so I wandered up there to see what was going on. There were several topless women, and a dude totally nakey lying on his belly.

It appeared that there were no chairs up there. So if you want to visit, you will need to carry a blue lounger up there. Once you find a place, you can loosen up and fit right in.

It was fun watching families wander up there with young kids... then scamper back down the steps :eek:.

The rules changed sometime in the middle of 2015. The Guest Conduct Policy used to say "Topless sunbathing is not permitted except in the designated areas. (Contact Guest Services for more information.)" and then they changed it simply to "Topless sunbathing is not permitted," period. There used to be signs on some ships explicitly saying that topless sunbathing was allowed, but not full nudity (see this post for example).

I don't know if they still have a sign on the Epic indicating that the area is "adults only". In any case, as far as I have seen, ship personnel do not go up there often enough to enforce things one way or the other. Of course, if there are complaints, I expect the ship will point to the official policy and tell everyone to cover up.