vow renewal what to wear?

rmjb

Morning,

We are having a vow renewal on P&O Britania in March and Im stressing about what to wear. We are having the renewal as we have come through a very stressful period as a family and we want to celebrate the love that has got us through. there will only be myself,husbannd and 3 yo son The question is what to wear. My husband is sorted with a smart new suit. I have found a beautiful dress but it is obviously a wedding dress is this too over the top? My original dress was chosen quickly and was not what I had dreamed off. I just dont want people to think im being silly putting on a wedding dress for a renewal of vows. Any advice appreciated. This is the dress.

Thanks in advance

http://www.vividress.uk.com/plus-size-dresses/plus-size-wedding-dresses/plus-size-wedding-dresses-wd610602004zy.html

I say if that's what you want to wear than wear it. I got married on a celebrity ship and 10 years later we renewed our vows and we dressed in the same clothes as the first time. It's your day make it the special one you both deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My vote is to wear what you want and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. This is a special moment for you, your husband, and your son. No one else's opinion should matter.

Having said that, the "rules" for weddings are sort of out the window now. There are very casual weddings. My September wedding will be my second and I feel a little weird wearing white (I always swore if I ever got married again I wouldn't wear white), but it's my fiance's first wedding and with a cruise ship wedding I want it to be clear that I'm a bride and not someone who is dressed up. So, I'll be wearing white like I swore I wouldn't do. Some women wear red or black or short dresses.

I guess my point is to wear what makes you feel beautiful and what you feel is appropriate for your family because weddings and vow renewals don't really have rules any more.