Changed times for the Pride

ladygal4.4

Did anyone else get a letter today for the changed leaving and returning times for the Pride?

Says they will leave Baltimore at 5 pm. And return to dock at 10 am.

Why such a late return time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, got ours too. Not sure why the changes, but I am glad it wasn't too major. When I opened my email this morning and saw "Itinerary Change" my stomach literally dropped...I was afraid that I was going to see a loss of HMC! :eek:

ok good, I know im like oh man please don't tell me we are looking HMC as a port or something big that the main reason we are taking this cruise...ekk im glad I was not the only one that their heart dropped..

For my Pride sailing in October, this amounts to a 30 minute later depart time (originally 4:30, now 5:00) and a 60 minute later arrival time (originally 9:00, now 10:00). Not that significant but could be a minor issue for some with flights home.

received the email today for my april 9th cruise. not a big deal since i live close to the port. when i checked my cruise manager after reading the email i was finally able to pick an embarkation time slot. the time slots weren't on there yesterday and i was starting to wonder when they would finally show up.

received the email today for my april 9th cruise. not a big deal since i live close to the port. when i checked my cruise manager after reading the email i was finally able to pick an embarkation time slot. the time slots weren't on there yesterday and i was starting to wonder when they would finally show up.

where about do I find this on my cruise manager as the last time we sailed they did not have this in place. thank you

Bless you!!!! I was able to quickly login and choose an early time slot to board

Bless you!!!! I was able to quickly login and choose an early time slot to board

This is not boarding time...its check in time... Boarding will still not start until the ship is ready, and with the hour later coming in, it will probably be a boarding time of 12:30 to 1:30 to start. Most cruises in Baltimore would not start boarding until close to 12 before, now it will probably be later.

We have been on the Pride 5 times and this seems to happen often. I think a lot has to do with the return trip. Heading south we cruise about 18 knots and two full cruise days. Traveling north we cruise about at 22 knots in a 11/4 days.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

This is not boarding time...its check in time... Boarding will still not start until the ship is ready, and with the hour later coming in, it will probably be a boarding time of 12:30 to 1:30 to start. Most cruises in Baltimore would not start boarding until close to 12 before, now it will probably be later.

Yes....I know. In my excitement I chose the wrong word. Check in and boarding have little difference to me, as they are part and parcel of the embarkation process.

Kinda like when you have an appt with the doctor at one time, but you're told to arrive earlier than that. You never know when you'll really "see" the doctor, but at least you can get the preliminaries over with.

Hi, does the check in time apply if you have Faster to the Fun? I just looked for our April cruise and the first time available/offered is 12:30 to 1:00....seems kind of late to me.

If the boat docks at 10 AM, this would give the crew enough time to get everybody off and get that ship ready for embarkation.

1230 is just an early approximation that they think they can start letting people do the check in process.

And, If we got through the check in process exactly at the same time, you would board before me. Because platinum/diamonds and FTTF go first. But at least I'll be there shortly thereafter. If I walk fast enough, I may even be able to beat you on the ship LOL [emoji4][emoji4]

Did anyone else get a letter today for the changed leaving and returning times for the Pride?

Says they will leave Baltimore at 5 pm. And return to dock at 10 am.

Why such a late return time?

Yes, us too. I think the returning times are for the traffic flow...is my guess. When I booked FTTF, it says our time was 12:30-1. I prefer much earlier because travelling from VA to MD in the am is much better than being later in the traffic.