Parking with Special Needs Child

zookeeper

Hi there. I am taking my daughter, 9 year old grandson and 3 year old grandson who has special needs (can't talk and doesn't walk very well and very, very slowly) on a cruise on Carnival Dream (Feb 19). As Adam, the 3 year old, can't walk well I am trying to figure out the easiest (not necessarily the cheapest) parking situation.

If we park at the port, I know we can drop of our main luggage in the parking garage before we walk over to the ship and that sounds like a good plan. But what is the situation when we return? How far a walk is it from where you exit the terminal to the parking garage? We will have about 4 large suitcases (due to special needs items) and I am concerned it will be very difficult to handle the luggage and Adam -- even for 2 adults. Can I leave them at the curbside, walk over to the garage and then drive the car over to where they are waiting? Would there be a porter available to help us all the way to the car? Maybe parking off port and catching a shuttle in and out would be easier????

Thanks for anyone's advice! Looking forward to this trip -- especially for my daughter who is a terrific mom to both boys and never gets a break from therapy sessions for Adam and trying to keep my oldest grandson not feeling left out.

Yes, he has a walker but really doesn't need it as it almost makes helping him harder than it is without it -- nor does his mom want him to use it as she wants him to work hard while young to get the best mobility he can (has Joubert Syndrome). We will bring an "umbrella" stroller for him.