Voor is a joke on Serenade

bay guy

Just returned from a Christmas/New Years cruise on Serenade. My wife and I had subscriptions for Voom internet service.

IT WAS HORRIBLE. Difficult to log in, until a guest service person told me some work arounds she had come up with to make it easier.

Lost connection in some main areas of the ship and, at times, the only place you could get a decent signal was in the Centrum.

Speed, if you want to call it that, was no faster than prior dial up equivalent service. Uploading a few pictures, which had been reduced in size, took forever.

One passenger said the guest services folks told her the service had gotten slower since they'd rolled it out to more ships. That's BS. If you're going to offer a, supposedly, premium service at a premium price then you'd better have the infrastructure and bandwidth in place in advance to handle the load.

Many passengers canceled their service while on the ship.

Another disappointment with RCI and a definite fail to provide WOW service.

Edited by bay guy

If you're going to offer a supposedly, premium service at a premium price then you'd better have the infrastructure and bandwidth in place in advance to handle the load.

The VOOM marketing sucks in a lot of people, but there's certainly nothing "premium" about it, while at the same time, it is reasonably priced compared to other lines.

Biker, for whom VOOM worked reasonably on Serenade.