OK, so it isn't a bargain....I bought it anyway...

ryansmemom

And I'm sure you'll look beautiful in it. I can picture long hair in an updo, with a few strands hanging down. No necklace and maybe some chandelier earrings, with a cuff bracelet. My arms couldn't handle it, but how about one of those cuffs that you wear on your upper arm? Too much?

T

I actually have a pair of bronze Gucci sandles that have a Greco-Roman look that I think will be perfect with the gown. I think the beaded "belt" is bronzy so the bronze shoes will be perfect.

According to Neiman's website it has been shipped and will be delivered by the 17th at the latest. I can't wait.

As far as jewelry, I don't know yet. However, the idea of an arm cuff is very intreguing......:D

Linda

I actually have a pair of bronze Gucci sandles that have a Greco-Roman look that I think will be perfect with the gown. I think the beaded "belt" is bronzy so the bronze shoes will be perfect.

According to Neiman's website it has been shipped and will be delivered by the 17th at the latest. I can't wait.

As far as jewelry, I don't know yet. However, the idea of an arm cuff is very intreguing......:D

Linda

I like the arm cuff idea too as well as the bronze Gucci sandals. You're going to look like a greek goddess!!!

Jane

Yes! It arrived in all it's glory this afternoon. Special delivery by FEDEX two whole days earilier than I anticipated.

It is magnificant!!!:D :D So much more glorious in person than in the picture. The green taffeta is divine. It is sumptious and rich and the fabric flows beautifuly.Ahhhhhhh:D

The beading is full of bronze sequins and beads threaded with metallic orange and metallic rasberry threadding twisted together. It's difficult to describe. The beadded band is about 1 1/2 inches wide and is right under the bust line. The neckline is a double vee. It is just beautifully draped. Wow!

I watched Rome last night and one of the characters, I don't remember which was wearing a toga the was the same shade of green with metallic bronze embellishments. That was just too cool!;)

Linda:)

Thanks again everyone. I can hardly believe it but I have about a week and a half til my cruise! WOW!!:eek:

Linda

I'm so excited for you Linda!

And the dress sounds quite scrumptious with that fabric, and the color!

Enjoy!

~e

I saw this gown on Neimanmarcus.com and immediatly fell in love with it. It is just perfect for me. The color is perfect! The cut perfect. I have red hair. The draping is soooo.... flattering. It is new, Kay Unger's new line. I know that her gowns fit me really well and I know what size to order. So... I figured I have time......right.

Saturday...the gown up and disappears from their website. OH NO!!! I really want this gown. I could take it on my cruise in 2 1/2 weeks right?:eek:

Whew!! Late last night, it's back!! Thank heavens. Not on sale:( . Oh well. They got me. It was gone. It could disappear again in an instant. It could be gone again by this morning. Right?:eek:

So at 1AM(approximately) this morning, Neiman Marcus sold 1 Kay Unger gown to me. :D

The picture is below. I hope you like it. I know I do!:D

Linda

Hey we should all have what we really want-I am happy for you-bargains are always nice-but if you "settle" and are unhappy with your choice-it is no "bargain".

Wow...fantastic dress! You will look truly amazing. I love that it is not the traditional "formal" dress. You will feel so incredibley elegant... there is no price tag that you can put on that!

I bought a couple of formal dresses that looked nice on me and I felt that I kind of blended in with the crowd. It wasn't until I ventured out of my safety zone and bought an incredible oriental-style gown that fit like a glove with slits up the sides, that I finally felt elegant. It was the one dress that I could have worn every night and been happy. This is what I look for when I buy dresses now... or actually, any piece of clothing for that matter!

When you find something and it just 'hits' you... you have to get it or you will regret it. What are the chances that you will ever find it again? This life is too short and I think we should enjoy it. Love your dress and have fun in it!!!

Archived