OK, so it isn't a bargain....I bought it anyway...

ryansmemom

I saw this gown on Neimanmarcus.com and immediatly fell in love with it. It is just perfect for me. The color is perfect! The cut perfect. I have red hair. The draping is soooo.... flattering. It is new, Kay Unger's new line. I know that her gowns fit me really well and I know what size to order. So... I figured I have time......right.

Saturday...the gown up and disappears from their website. OH NO!!! I really want this gown. I could take it on my cruise in 2 1/2 weeks right?:eek:

Whew!! Late last night, it's back!! Thank heavens. Not on sale:( . Oh well. They got me. It was gone. It could disappear again in an instant. It could be gone again by this morning. Right?:eek:

So at 1AM(approximately) this morning, Neiman Marcus sold 1 Kay Unger gown to me. :D

The picture is below. I hope you like it. I know I do!:D

Linda

NMT0G77_mn.jpg.05209fa18a6e6308f9baf2500231db8a.jpg

Absolutey beautiful.Georgeous, Stunning, these are all words that come to mind when I look at it.

I know you will be so happy, and I'm so happy that you got it.

Just as a note, this has happened where an item may disapper and then reappear. Sometimes it doesn't but I've seen it happen before. I don't know why.

I hope you have many happy and healthy times wearing it and I wish you a safe, healthy and happy cruise. Enjoy!!!! And happy thanksgiving

Thanks girls!

I'm so happy you all like the gown as much as I do. My DH actually asked me if I need another gown??? How do you answer that question?:confused: I said "Sure, I really need this one gown. After all it's perfect and it disappeared and then reappeared. It's fate. It's meant to be. Just imagine how It will look on me." He was sitting right next to me at the time and said, "Go for it.":D WOW!!

As far as my hair...I have been watching the HBO series Rome. The really rich, patrician women like Atia wear their hair in soft ringlets. I like the look with the gown, but I don't know if it's possible to get my hair done that way on the ship. At any rate, it will have to be something soft and upswept, I think. I definitely will go for an updo, but I don't want anything too severe looking.

Oh, how I adore this stuff. I love playing dress up. I have been playing dress up since I was about 4 years old and my Aunt Pearl started giving me her cast off shoes and clothes to play with.:D

By the way, Blue Herons, How was the Marathon? We need a full report.

Linda:D

LOL, everytime DH asks if I "needed that", I ask "do you really need all that camera stuff and do you really need a new camera", that usually takes care of it.

I'm soo soooo happy you got the dress. It's amazing.

I love fashion, I love talking to ya'll about it and sharing all your purchases and happiness.

I agree, Blue, please give us a full report, and once again CONGRATS!!!!

Linda,

I LOVE the dress, it's just gorgeous!

I've met Kay several times and she's a very nice woman. I'm also professionally friendly with her head disigner and will tell her how her gown made it onto the forum when I talk to her next.

I think a soft "grecian" style updo would look just perfect with the dress.

Enjoy!

Jane

Your dress is fabulous! I love it! I also loved your husband's repsonse. Once, when I wanted to adopt a 4th cat, my husband said to me - "why does a family of three need to have 4 cats?" And I said, "don't know...probably the same reason a family of 3, only two of whom can drive, need to have 4 cars." Three of them were his. I got the cat. :)

Hello everyone!

Thanks again for your comments.

Jane, how very exciting that you actually met Kay Unger and actually know her head designer. I wonder if she had a hand in designing my gown?!:D As far as the belt, it is actually beading. I have not seen it in person but it sound exquisite. The description on Neiman's website is:

• Green taffeta.

• Golden/burgundy/dark orange beading on Empire waist.

• Shirred bodice.

• Sleeveless; deep V front and back.

• Full, softly pleated skirt.

I can't wait to actually get it. That is one drawback of ordering online. You have to wait.:(

Linda

Linda,

I hope you get the dress soon and that you love it! Keep us posted.

Kay and her head designer do all the designing, so yes, the two of them definitely designed your gown. I used to work with them to develop special fabrics for her so I"ve met everyone in the back room, from the ass't. designers and button buyers all the way to Kay. It's a company of very nice people.

So a bronze shoes perhaps?

Jane

Archived