Dream Spa Cabin Question

sailor05

About to pull the trigger and book us 2 spa cabins on the Dream for this June.:) Me and my son in a cabin and my wife and daughter in another. My DD is 17 and will be 18 in October.:eek: Has anyone ever had success getting them to allow someone just under 18 to have access? When we last went on Dream we just took her into the Thalasso pool without any questions and she was much younger then and didn't ask but now that she acts more like an adult than a lot of adults I thought I might stand a chance??? Plus, now her friend who is 18 and her mother want to come and they too would all have access if they get a spa room as well.

People book spa rooms for many different reasons but the age limit is the to be followed by all, really it is okay for you to sneak her in and then ask when she is close. Can you buy cigarettes a few days early when you are mature and have snuck them in the past. Big difference, but. same rules or regulation. Oh, my 12 year old acts 29 so is it okay? He is 6 foot tall and acts mature

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

About to pull the trigger and book us 2 spa cabins on the Dream for this June.:) Me and my son in a cabin and my wife and daughter in another. My DD is 17 and will be 18 in October.:eek: Has anyone ever had success getting them to allow someone just under 18 to have access? When we last went on Dream we just took her into the Thalasso pool without any questions and she was much younger then and didn't ask but now that she acts more like an adult than a lot of adults I thought I might stand a chance??? Plus, now her friend who is 18 and her mother want to come and they too would all have access if they get a spa room as well.

We have sailed in spa cabins with our children (usually 1 balcony/2 inside quads for the 10 of us) . When they are under aged we don't ask for an exception but we have asked if the under aged child's access could be transferred to a friend in another cabin class. They did this happily. Our children understand why its important to follow rules so we never had any grief from them.

I have well behaved children who would have honored the peace and tranquility of the spa, but honestly, I wouldn't ask them to make an exception because that would come back to bite me when they made an exception for someonelses not-so-well behaved kid. :D

People book spa rooms for many different reasons but the age limit is the to be followed by all, really it is okay for you to sneak her in and then ask when she is close. Can you buy cigarettes a few days early when you are mature and have snuck them in the past. Big difference, but. same rules or regulation. Oh, my 12 year old acts 29 so is it okay? He is 6 foot tall and acts mature

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Wow, thanks for the wonderful information! So helpful!! It's a freaking pool not something that has health risks! What a terrible analogy. Some people have the mentality of a turd...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sailor05

I think l'll just sneak her again....Yep, we're outlaws!![emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was thinking about another Carnival cruise (always had a good time) but then I read something like this. And it's not that someone is taking underage into the pool - it's the entitlement attitude. It's all about you.

Our daughters were 16 and 18 on our cruise on the Breeze last year. They are too old to be interested in the kids activities. They cant stay in the pool very long because the saltwater really bothers their eyes (we all have very sensitive eyes.) This limits their choices of recreation. So the spa is the only thing that they really look forward to and enjoy. I allow them a couple of spa treatments each but that gets really expensive really quick. So we like to book spa cabins. And we ALL go to the spa together. No one has ever questioned us. EVER. And we have done it on several cruises. I don't know what's wrong with the replies you're getting from these overzealous overprotective rule enforcers. It's not like you're encouraging your kids to break a law and possibly go to jail. It's a spa for heavens sake! Those analogies were not appropriate comparisons and completely uncalled for. I don't know why these boards are getting so many negative replies. Anyways, I say as long as your daughter is a well behaved young adult that looks 18 you should be ok. We've been doing it for years without an issue. Have fun, don't let the negative comments bother you, and enjoy that spa with your WHOLE family. :D

Was thinking about another Carnival cruise (always had a good time) but then I read something like this. And it's not that someone is taking underage into the pool - it's the entitlement attitude. It's all about you.

Really? You would not choose an entire cruise line over a statement like this?? Like I said my dd (17) acts more mature than most adults....:rolleyes:

Our daughters were 16 and 18 on our cruise on the Breeze last year. They are too old to be interested in the kids activities. They cant stay in the pool very long because the saltwater really bothers their eyes (we all have very sensitive eyes.) This limits their choices of recreation. So the spa is the only thing that they really look forward to and enjoy. I allow them a couple of spa treatments each but that gets really expensive really quick. So we like to book spa cabins. And we ALL go to the spa together. No one has ever questioned us. EVER. And we have done it on several cruises. I don't know what's wrong with the replies you're getting from these overzealous overprotective rule enforcers. It's not like you're encouraging your kids to break a law and possibly go to jail. It's a spa for heavens sake! Those analogies were not appropriate comparisons and completely uncalled for. I don't know why these boards are getting so many negative replies. Anyways, I say as long as your daughter is a well behaved young adult that looks 18 you should be ok. We've been doing it for years without an issue. Have fun, don't let the negative comments bother you, and enjoy that spa with your WHOLE family. :D

Thank you for understanding my thoughts. You are very kind and I appreciate that. My thought was like when my kids were younger and going to the kid clubs (Camp Carnival and Adventure Ocean) they would allow us to bump them up to the next age group if they were CLOSE to the group up. We had to let them attend their group 1 day and then allow the switch. NO BIG DEAL. There's nothing dangerous about a thalassotherapy pool or the nice big showers that women love to use. I don't feel "entitled" but at the same time I did PAY a full fare for two in each spa room. I thought it might be worth asking but boy oh boy I guess that was peeing in someone's cereal;)

Carnival says you must be 18 to use the spa and I strongly agree. I really don't know why this is or should be an issue. If everyone would just follow the rules it would make for a much happier cruise for everyone. You can always justify why you think it's OK for your child to break the rules, but not others. Just follow the rules, so I don't have to report you and have your child removed from the spa. There are a lot of other places your children can go, with or without you, to have a great time. Please let the adults have this one last area of the cruise ship where we can get away from it all. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

cruzer 452, tymetocruise, lighten up, like you could really tell if they were 17 or 18. The spa personnel could not give a crap. You think young adults will be splashing around and yelling, I think not. Sailor05 have a great time. Enjoy your cruise and the spa.

cruzer 452, tymetocruise, lighten up, like you could really tell if they were 17 or 18. The spa personnel could not give a crap. You think young adults will be splashing around and yelling, I think not. Sailor05 have a great time. Enjoy your cruise and the spa.

Not the point! Parents should set an example for their children, and follow the rules. The rules apply to all of us, not just some of us. The end.