ESCAPE Vibe Beach Club Pass or Thermal Suite Pass?

iaswam

Hello all,

This is me and my GF's first cruise ever, so I apologize if this has been asked before.

I can't decide if I want to get passes for the Thermal Suite or The Vibe Beach Club. after reading several posts about the Vibe, It sounds like a nice place and a good price to pay for some "quiet time". However, they sound like they are really hard to get. The Thermal Suite appeals to me, but it's twice the cost. On the plus side I can purchases passes now and not have to worry about missing out.

If you could only pick one, which would it be? Vibe Beach Club or Thermal Suite?

Thank You!

I had a pass for Vibe on the Breakaway this fall and also purchased a spa day pass on one of our port days in Bermuda - the weather wasn't great and I didn't really want to get off of the ship. Having done both, I would take Vibe for the week over the spa for a week. I like being outside in the sunlight. The thermal suite was really fun, but I think I'd have been tired of it after a couple of days. Vibe was a really lovely experience for the entire week, and I didn't get bored. I'm not a huge fan of kids, and having an adults-only area where I could lie out and savor the sunshine without having to compete for a lounge chair definitely improved my vacation.

Check out the price of a Spa Balcony vs a regular Balcony;) We got a Spa Balcony for 1/4 the price of 2 Spa Passes!

How did you do that? I booked a mid ship balcony, which at the time was about $400 less; the same price as two passes. Go figure...

I had a pass for Vibe on the Breakaway this fall and also purchased a spa day pass on one of our port days in Bermuda - the weather wasn't great and I didn't really want to get off of the ship. Having done both, I would take Vibe for the week over the spa for a week. I like being outside in the sunlight. The thermal suite was really fun, but I think I'd have been tired of it after a couple of days. Vibe was a really lovely experience for the entire week, and I didn't get bored. I'm not a huge fan of kids, and having an adults-only area where I could lie out and savor the sunshine without having to compete for a lounge chair definitely improved my vacation.

We were leaning towards The Vibe for virtually the same reasons. That was my biggest concern about the spa. It would be nice a few times, but I/we might get bored with it. How fast did you have to run to get the Vibe passes? I hear they are difficult to get... :confused:

We, a group of four, purchased both for our escape cruise over Christmas. The first two days Vibe was very windy and pretty much unusable so we went to the spa. Once the ship made it to st Thomas vibe opened and we loved it. The servers and other patrons were very friendly and kept the party going. Vibe closed at 6. Not sure if that was because of sunset or that's when they usually closed. I'm going back on in April and hope to get vibe. Not going to spend the money on the thermal spa.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We, a group of four, purchased both for our escape cruise over Christmas. The first two days Vibe was very windy and pretty much unusable so we went to the spa. Once the ship made it to st Thomas vibe opened and we loved it. The servers and other patrons were very friendly and kept the party going. Vibe closed at 6. Not sure if that was because of sunset or that's when they usually closed. I'm going back on in April and hope to get vibe. Not going to spend the money on the thermal spa.

I was on that sailing too. Don't you miss those VIBE guys???? They are the BEST!!! When we got home my husband wanted me to make cookies !!!!

How fast did you have to run to get the Vibe passes?

I was in boarding group 5. I moved quickly once on the ship and was the 28th person to purchase a pass. On the Breakaway out of NYC, boarding is random. When you show up at the port doesn't seem to impact what your boarding number is. Haven guests get priority, Latitudes members seemed to get earlier numbers, but you can show up to the port at 9 AM and end up in boarding group 23. I have heard that in other ports, an earlier arrival time means an earlier boarding group. So I suppose I'd try to get the earliest check in time at the port and hustle down to guest services ASAP. Ask around on the boards regarding where you board in relation to guest services. Knowing that saved me a few minutes. Also, look into the cost of a cabana. If the rest of Vibe is sold out, a cabana may still be available. If you're willing to shell out the extra $$$, it can be a way to get in even after all of the regular passes are gone. There were two people I met during the week who did exactly that. But the $300 cabana cost included two Vibe passes and $100 came back as an onboard credit; so it's really not that bad. For my next cruise, that's actually my backup plan. I liked Vibe enough to pay for a cabana despite being a solo traveler, it's that good.

I was on that sailing too. Don't you miss those VIBE guys???? They are the BEST!!! When we got home my husband wanted me to make cookies !!!!

Yes. They made it fun and those shots! The cookies, yes, the cookies

Neither, as first timers just enjoy the basics and look to add for future.

Spice H2O is a complimentary adult area with a water feature, Sun plungers and hot tubs. Don't spend $ on Vibe or stress about the rush to get passes.

Thermal Suite is nice, but not required. I agree with considering a spa level cabin if you want the splurge. I just enjoyed the thermal suite on the Dawn, loved it but might put the money in a room upgrade or excursions next time.

How did you do that? I booked a mid ship balcony, which at the time was about $400 less; the same price as two passes. Go figure...

This was in 2013? Timing I guess. I also ran to guest services to get Vibe passes. Not the best way to start a cruise but it worked out in the end.

I have done and loved them both. On the Escape you actually buy the VIBE passes at Headliners not Guest Services. It's odd that it is different but is is just down the hall.

Both times I bought the VIBE once on Getaway and then the Escape. I showed up early and then hovered by where they let you in and made a mad dash!

Successful both times. Also the Escape does not have the cabanas that the others have, so no choice there.

Best of luck I don't think you can go wrong. Also, check with NCL and see if you buy the spa in advance and then decide once you tour that you want a refund if they will allow it. That way you have the spa in case you don't get the vibe.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Edited by buchman67

We had a spa balcony on Getaway last year as well as a Vibe Cabana. I will say, for us (30-something, no kids), the Vibe was way better. If choosing one or the other I highly suggest Vibe passes.

The pool areas on Getaway, and I am assuming the same for Escape, are jammed packed on sea days. The pool deck is just a sea of bodies and there are narrow walk paths for people as they transit certain areas. The Vibe affords a quieter place to relax with its own bar.

The Spa area was nice for a day or so but after that it got a little bit boring. We enjoyed having the extra shower area for getting ready for dinner. I typically showered up there while my wife got ready in the cabin. We are used to spas we've visiting in Europe and were surprised to find the spa is coed so bathing suits are required. Not sure if you've ever sat in a steamroom with a bathing suit on, but it is pretty uncomfortable. My wife felt the same way.

VIBE

I had them both on the Getaway.

I am going to be on the Escape and am planning on trying to get VIBE passes.

I'm still not set on the thermal spa. For $100/$120 I would do it but I'm not sure about $200.

I went everyday, more so because I felt I should go since I paid for it.

With VIBE I liked being able to go even though it was VERY windy up there half the time.

Also you have a better chance of getting a day pass to the thermal spa even if you don't commit to the entire week.

My understanding is that whereas there are day passes for the VIBE they are usually sold out for the week.

Can anyone tell me if there is a sauna available for free or if the only sauna is in the thermal suite? and, what is the current cost of a thermal suite membership? Thanks in advance1 KBAJ

If you don't get Vibe passes just spend time on the port side of deck 19. Has a bar, misting shower, couple of hot tubs, view over front of the ship. It's the other half of deck 19 from where Vibe is sectioned off. Many people never venture up there or find it. No extra charge.

Edited by LMaxwell

Can anyone tell me if there is a sauna available for free or if the only sauna is in the thermal suite? and, what is the current cost of a thermal suite membership? Thanks in advance1 KBAJ

Saunas are part of the thermal suite. The cost varies by ship, but generally you get a $20 discount if you purchase online pre cruise. I paid $119 for my pre purchased pass for the Dawn but two years ago I paid $179 for a pre purchased pass for my mother on the Getaway. Pre purchase is typically available about 90 days prior to your cruise and they can sell out.

If you don't get Vibe passes just spend time on the port side of deck 19. Has a bar, misting shower, couple of hot tubs, view over front of the ship. It's the other half of deck 19 from where Vibe is sectioned off. Many people never venture up there or find it. No extra charge.

I might try for the VIBE passes, but if I can't get them, thanks for the tip!

I also have to say that on the Epic a few years ago, I sat at Spice/H20 on a lounger and watched the sunset (not sure if it was a sea day or short port day like this time). Everyone was getting ready for dinner I guess. I also got to see a few dolphins in the wake for the first time ever!

You are cruising in the Caribbean, right? Sit outside on deck in the middle of afternoon. Instant sauna. :D

I remember touring the spa on Escape. Our pushy-sales-person/tour guide was raving about the thermal loungers. I pointed out that every single lounger on the upper deck was thermal, and didn't cost any extra. They also throw in sunlight for free up there as a bonus.