It's offical . Legend is going to Cozumel WOOHOO

Well I call everyday to see if we are going to Cozueml . Finally after days and days of asking they told me today that the Legend of the Seas is going WOOHOOO . I was told that the larger ships are too big right now for the tendering . Only 1 ship per cruise line will be able to go . Being that the Legend is a smaller ship they have chosen us :) , that made my day .

Anyone leaving on the Legend if you like to call RCCL to confirm please do and let me know if you get the same response .

Oh boy!!! This makes me very happy!! I just called this morning, and they said that as far as they knew, we were still scheduled to go on 12/8, but they haven't received any new updates yet. I think the smaller ships will have a better shot at going.

Yippee!!! Playa Mia and SNUBA here we come!!

She told me that I could probally go ahead and book an excursion . You may wish to call again and tell the rep you got word that we are going and she what she says now .What is SNUBA ,is it like snorkeling , we may have to do that too , but I am going to try and make a stop downtown to drop off a few clothes and such .

SNUBA is a cross between snorkeling and scuba diving. You need no certification, but just a short introduction and you're off! You can go down about 30 feet, and you have a rebreather to breath with, but no tanks on your back. The airtanks are above you on the surface and a flotation device. It's a very 'free' feeling. We loved it. If you'd like more information on SNUBA, drop me a line, and I'll let you know who we booked ours through last year. :)

I just called and spoke to Melvin at RCCL, and he didn't have any new information to show that we're NOT going there, but he didn't know if there were going to be any changes to the contrary. He said to continue checking the rccl.com website.

Well I call everyday to see if we are going to Cozueml . Finally after days and days of asking they told me today that the Legend of the Seas is going WOOHOOO . I was told that the larger ships are too big right now for the tendering . Only 1 ship per cruise line will be able to go . Being that the Legend is a smaller ship they have chosen us :) , that made my day .

Anyone leaving on the Legend if you like to call RCCL to confirm please do and let me know if you get the same response .

Right now, there are three RCCL ships scheduled for December 1st. I wonder if I'll know before we sail who's going.

Just be warned. We got information direct from RCCL that they swore was confirmed. Turns out the information was false and we were left holding the bag. I think they sometimes give you lip service just to get you off of the phone.

I hope it works out for you, but be prepared just in case.

NB.

We are still scheduled to be in Cozumel on 12/22 but RCCL rep said that as of yet it has not been confirmed. When asked what they were in meeting about still, she said that the port will only be able to hold so many ships each day so are sshipping being one of the smaller ones, we do have a better chance. When asked if we would be offered another port if Cozumel is not visited, she said that it would all depend on what ports are near and how many ships are in port that day but more likely it would just be a sea day for us.

If you book excursions and Cozumel is not visited on your sailing, you will get a full refund.

I hope we get to visit Cozumel again in Dec. I have my fingers crossed!

Cruizinrican:)

would it even be worth going to cozumel?...i've never been there but heard it was nice. I just cant see going to a place that is still damaged from the hurricane. Yes, the ship may be able to get in but will there be things to do? would things be back in working order? I'll keep my fingers crossed as i do want to go there,but not if its going to be trashed...these questions keep running around in my head:confused: ..... dont know much bout "ports" either, as far as whats there when you get off since im a first timer:rolleyes:

I agree with Kewlguy. In the unlikely event you do actually go to Cozumel, I feel sorry for you, pull up a piece of rubble and lay on top of it for a few hours. Some people just dont get it. I hear, Oh I cant wait, Paradise beach, Carlos and Charlies, Dolphin Swim, its going to be fun.... Snap out of it, these were all destroyed and they dont get fixed in two or three months, it will take a year at the earliest. I just got power back from a weakend version of that storm in beautiful South Florida yesterday, now you are going to tell me Cozumel (which by the way was a dump before the hurricane blew it away) is now this thriving mecca of a vacation spot. Get Real.

Careful Wrona... remember what happened last time you tried to offer assistance regarding Coz. You'll be accused of being "on the payroll" again! Hee hee hee! (some people just don't get it!!)

Yeah, I'm still waiting on my check from RCI. It would come in real handy right now.

I posted this on another thread, but will post it here as well. If I were anyone going there in the near future, I would ignore some of the negative post on this thread. We're not all stupid. We know they had a hurricane, but they are doing their best to get it back up and running.

I have been following their (Cozumel's) progress, through an album that a local is updating regularly. Here is the url, and for those that have seen the first few updates, you can drop down the window, and start on the pix after 101 for the latest inclusions.

There is even a cruise ship in the background on some of the pix towards the end....not sure which one....not Carnival though...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...855&mode=guest

I posted this on another thread, but will post it here as well. If I were anyone going there in the near future, I would ignore some of the negative post on this thread. We're not all stupid. We know they had a hurricane, but they are doing their best to get it back up and running.

I have been following their (Cozumel's) progress, through an album that a local is updating regularly. Here is the url, and for those that have seen the first few updates, you can drop down the window, and start on the pix after 101 for the latest inclusions.

There is even a cruise ship in the background on some of the pix towards the end....not sure which one....not Carnival though...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...855&mode=guest

The cruise ship in the background looks like the Norwegian Sun.

I love Cozumel. The snorkeling is the best anywhere in the Caribbean. Next time I will remember to bring water shoes so I don't get cut on the reef. I enjoyed happy hour at Fat Tuesdays very much--until I realized the ship's time was an hour earlier--just made boarding.

Heading back to Cozumel in February and can't wait to read the reviews after they open the port on Monday.

We visited Cozumel for the first time in September and I really don't see why anyone would get excited about stopping there. My idea of the perfect port stop would be Bermuda.

Well, tell us what you did and visited when you were there.

Anyone who's been around these boards for any length of time would know that 1corona and cruisingator are two totally different people. They aren't even the same gender for MrPeteLI's sake! ;) If you believe otherwise, then I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale.

And threatening to have people removed, well, that isn't really up to you is it? That's up to the mods. Oh you can push the little triangle all you want, but the evidence is here in black and white. You're the one out of line.

As for Cozumel, I look forward to going back someday, but after the island has had some time to recover. We were there last year and it was beautiful. I can't imagine what it looks like now.

Archived