Breakaway Vibe in Fall/Winter

Sotermarler

I had the Vibe Club on Escape and GA and I know it gets windy up there. This year we are going in the BA in October so it will be cold a couple days.

I was just wondering if the Vibe is even open in the colder weather? It seems like it would be a waste of money since it will be cold leaving out of NYC. Anybody get the Vibe on the BA during cold weather?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't speak about Fall or Winter but, we had Vibe passes this past March. We were there enjoying the sun and spoiling by the afternoon of the first sea day. Yes, it was a little chilly but, it didn't take long for it to be warm enough to make it very worth the price we paid

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I had the Vibe Club on Escape and GA and I know it gets windy up there. This year we are going in the BA in October so it will be cold a couple days.

I was just wondering if the Vibe is even open in the colder weather? It seems like it would be a waste of money since it will be cold leaving out of NYC. Anybody get the Vibe on the BA during cold weather?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Breakaway (sailed from Manhattan) for Christmas and purchased the Vibe passes. It was too cold and windy the first and last sea days, staff was terrific and it got us away from the crowd at the main pool. It did not seem like many people had taken advantage of the passes, there were never more than a dozen people in the area. It was nice to not have to fight for hot tub space. We got more use out of the Thermal Spa.

Just reading all your posts and was wondering what was the cost for a Pass for Vibe?

Jim

Hi - it was $99 each for the entire week. I am not sure if they sell just day passes. As I recall, it is more for longer cruises. Ours was 8 nights.

Hi - it was $99 each for the entire week. I am not sure if they sell just day passes. As I recall, it is more for longer cruises. Ours was 8 nights.

Hey Berrytini,

Thanks for that info....will be on the 10/15/2017 cruise....7 days.

Jim

I had a Vibe pass on my cruise last October. The weather was mild enough to hang out there during the sail out. For both of the sea days en route to Bermuda, the weather was beautiful, I spent a ton of time there. It was windy, as others have said, but it wasn't awful. The days we were in Bermuda, the weather wasn't great and I didn't get much use out of it. I was up there as we sailed out of Bermuda, but it started raining. The final sea day, it was closed due to the wind.

At least for me, it was worth it. I wanted a quieter adults only area for the sea days, and I got it for two of the three. I'm positive I'll be trying for one again on my next cruise. The way I see it, I spent about 8 hours there on the two sea days, and about two each on the days we left port. 20 hours, $99 for the pass. $5/hr for a chair rental, a relatively quiet space, extra towels, the fruit skewers, and access to an uncrowded hot tub? I'm comfortable with that.

What is a Vibe pass? We are staying in a mini spa suite, is the Vibe pass part of this?

Vibe is an adults-only outdoor deck area with better lounge chairs, some hot tubs, cabanas (for rental), and less noise and crowds than the pool deck. Not every ship has one. It is NOT part of the spa package.

When on Breakaway in the winter, I think the thermal spa package is a better deal. It is also quieter and adults-only, and it's usable no matter what the weather is. Both have a limited number of passes and can sell out, especially on a big ship like Breakaway. (This is part of the spa suite stuff.)