Continental Airlines - Have You Flown Them?

Juliadlf

Anyone have experience flying Continental to Europe?

Spring, 2004, I flew on Continental from Rome to Newark. The plane was a 767, was mostly full, but even in Economy, it was a satisfactory flight and not uncomfortable. Flight attendants were professional and friendly. My only complaint was the lunch served. Choice was "beef" or "chicken". I chose chicken, was served with rice and a vegetable(don't recall what). Salad was composed of mostly cabbage with a slice of cucumber and the smallest cherry tomato possible. Do not remember the dessert. I am not a picky eater, but I would rate that meal as close to inedible.

However, before landing in Newark, a snack was served: choice of two sub-type sandwiches and a small cake-like dessert and it was very good, particularly in comparison with lunch.

Luggage handling in Newark was fine; bags had to be claimed before going through customs and immigration and then re-checked to your final destination. Interestingly, my bags had cleared security in Rome with no problem. But, when I claimed my bags at my home airport, one bag had been opened by security in Newark after I had re-checked it.

Hope this helps you.

Haven't taken Continental to Europe but they are my airline of choice. I fly with them a couple of times a year. This year I took Continental to the Dominican Republic. The plane was one of the larger ones with TV's in the backs of the seat. Was a great way to pass the time :) Food sucks, but it does on most airlines. I always brings my own snacks.

We fly them a lot over to Europe. We've flown them to Zurich, Rome, London, and Amsterdam. They are a great airline. While we have not flown in economy, I hear that their economy class is great! And all of the flight attendants are extremely nice and very attentive (and I don't think that it was just because we were in Business First). The planes are not old, they have a good record, and the employees overseas are really nice too. If you have the option to fly them, than I would do so.

One thing to be aware of on Continental to Europe is that they fly 757's to many of the "secondary" cities. Not a bad plane, but not as spacious as a 777 on their EWR-LGW route. Also their 757's & 767's do not have in seat entertainment.

If flying to London, I'd recommend Virgin Atlantic. You'll be able to earn your OnePass miles but the on-board experinece on Virgin is much better as all seats have in seat entertainment.

Archived