Tell me about mahogany bay

hlb76

Going for the first time in 2 weeks. Still no excursions booked for this cruise but I've heard bits and peices about mahogany bay. Would love to hear more.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Roatan is one of our favorite ports, we've been there numerous times. So, my suggestion to you is, hire a driver for the day or take a tour and SEE the island as it is beautiful! You're not seeing the island if you stay at Mahogany Bay.

Going for the first time in 2 weeks. Still no excursions booked for this cruise but I've heard bits and peices about mahogany bay. Would love to hear more.

The port at Mahogany Bay was developed buy Carnival Corp. Little shopping area with cafe and snacks. Lovely walk to beach. No charge for chairs and there are lots of trees for shade. It's an inexpensive to free port day.

I agree with house flipper. Roatan is one of our favorites. We have a tour guide that we always use - and we LOVE getting out of the port area - lots to do on the real island! Some of the best zip lining around, beautiful beaches, etc. there is a cruise critic forum under "ports of call" where you'll find lots of recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My daughter and I did a whole island private tour in an air-conditioned minivan with a local guide who is famous on the island for helping less-fortunate kids participate in team sports. Wish I could remember his name, the tour was private, cheap and while they have an agenda, they will take you anywhere you want for the entire time you're off the ship. If I remember it was about $50 total. Look on TripAdvisor if you're interested, that's where I found him. I am so happy to book non-Carnival excursions, where we're always on our way while Carnival is still taking headcounts.

I am in agreement with some others. Roatan is beautiful with wonderful people. We usually book a private driver or other group tour, then spend a few minutes in the shops at port or on the beach if we have time left. But our priority is getting away from the CCL port area.

My husband has contacted via email a fellow we met last January in Roatan(he was a driver for a tour we were on and we kept his business card). We are going to hire him for our port day in Roatan. I would love to hear from all of you as to some of the spots we could request to be taken. We have only been to Roatan once so we really don't know much about the island. I am not even sure what I want to see or do!! I am thinking I would love just a wonderful drive around the island and maybe a stop at a beach or two and a snack/drink at our drivers suggestion. Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what I should ask our driver to show us? I feel kinda dumb about this but I just don't know what I should ask to see!

Privately booked excursion to Little French Key (private island). SO AMAZING!!!! You can check out the info and pics in my review link in my signature line. Really was the best place we've ever been!!

Edited by Martini Mom

Privately booked excursion to Little French Key (private island). SO AMAZING!!!! You can check out the info and pics in my review link in my signature line. Really was the best place we've ever been!!

Looking forward to going there on our upcoming cruise. Thanks for sharing.

My husband has contacted via email a fellow we met last January in Roatan(he was a driver for a tour we were on and we kept his business card). We are going to hire him for our port day in Roatan. I would love to hear from all of you as to some of the spots we could request to be taken. We have only been to Roatan once so we really don't know much about the island. I am not even sure what I want to see or do!! I am thinking I would love just a wonderful drive around the island and maybe a stop at a beach or two and a snack/drink at our drivers suggestion. Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what I should ask our driver to show us? I feel kinda dumb about this but I just don't know what I should ask to see!

You'll want to go to West END ,it's a little dive village with bars and restaurants with some dive shops.Its really nice to visit. Then you'll want to go to West BAY.Note my caps as many people get the two confused.West bay is a beach with some resorts and bars and GREAT snorkeling from knee high water.You tube the snorkeler west bay beach it's the first video of a guy holding snorkel gear.Thats west bay beach and it's incredible!! Our guy we use for tours took us there and we had $2 lobster tacos from a little tiki bar hut on the beach and snorkeled. You'll love it