Easy to Navigate Hotel in Civitavecchia

OneMoreTime

Would anyone be able to recommend a hotel in Civitavecchia that doesn't have a lot of stairs to navigate. I have MS and while I'm able to walk stairs, I would have a difficult time handling the stairs when carrying luggage.

Thanks!

We stayed at B&B Bel Sole a couple of years ago, and enjoyed it. They have rooms on the ground floor, and others on the first floor, up one flight of stairs. It's clean, comfortable, not expensive, and the breakfast is good. There is a gate to get into the property, so no need to feel unsafe if you're in a ground floor room. They have a website here: http://www.belsole.it.

We stayed at Hotel SAN Giorgio. Although there was a set of stairs when we entered the door, there is an elevator to the right of them. I would contact the hotel to make sure they are aware of your disability and to make sure they can accommodate you. I had contacted them by email several times prior to arrival and they were prompt in replying. The location is right across from the beach and within walking distance to restaurants and the train.

• 2 months later...
We stayed at Hotel SAN Giorgio. Although there was a set of stairs when we entered the door, there is an elevator to the right of them. I would contact the hotel to make sure they are aware of your disability and to make sure they can accommodate you. I had contacted them by email several times prior to arrival and they were prompt in replying. The location is right across from the beach and within walking distance to restaurants and the train.

How was the hotel San Giorgio ? Nice rooms ? How steep are the stairs to the second level bedroom in the quad-rooms ? Breakfast ? Did you eat dinner in their restaurant or someplace else ? (what would you recommend)

Did they provide a shuttle to the ship ?

Rooms were fine. A little dated. The stairs to the second level bedroom were very steep I let the kids sleep up there actually and slept on the sofa bed as it was more convenient to bathroom . (Plus it was a novelty for them) Breakfast was served on the top floor of hotel in a nice airy breakfast room. Usual fare, no complaints. We arrived at about 8.30pm for cruise next day . We didn't feel like eating a formal meal so skipped the dining room at the hotel. We turned right out of the hotel and found a restaurant up the road on the right that seemed busy and had tables outside. Had two pizzas between the three of us . About €7 per pizza and nice to eat outside. Very local type of place nothing fancy but just what we wanted. Sorry but don't remember the name. There were about two restaurants beside each other and this was the busier of the two . The hotel recommended a place to us but it was the other direction (left out of hotel) but was about 10 minutes walk which didn't suit us.

The hotel had a shuttle. You had to book the night before . We booked our room directly with the hotel and shuttle was included. It is a large bus that picks up people from various hotels . Collected us st about 11am. My mother has mobility problems and though they had assured me before arrival that the transport was accessible , it turned out there was no lift on bus but luckily my mother managed ,with a lot of help , to get up steps.

Overall, no frills mid range hotel but I think all hotels in the area are similar in style. Would stay again pre cruise. Great location. Beach opposite for walk in the morning. Highly recommend Romecabs for transfers.

Rooms were fine. A little dated. The stairs to the second level bedroom were very steep I let the kids sleep up there actually and slept on the sofa bed as it was more convenient to bathroom . (Plus it was a novelty for them) Breakfast was served on the top floor of hotel in a nice airy breakfast room. Usual fare, no complaints. We arrived at about 8.30pm for cruise next day . We didn't feel like eating a formal meal so skipped the dining room at the hotel. We turned right out of the hotel and found a restaurant up the road on the right that seemed busy and had tables outside. Had two pizzas between the three of us . About €7 per pizza and nice to eat outside. Very local type of place nothing fancy but just what we wanted. Sorry but don't remember the name. There were about two restaurants beside each other and this was the busier of the two . The hotel recommended a place to us but it was the other direction (left out of hotel) but was about 10 minutes walk which didn't suit us.

The hotel had a shuttle. You had to book the night before . We booked our room directly with the hotel and shuttle was included. It is a large bus that picks up people from various hotels . Collected us st about 11am. My mother has mobility problems and though they had assured me before arrival that the transport was accessible , it turned out there was no lift on bus but luckily my mother managed ,with a lot of help , to get up steps.

Overall, no frills mid range hotel but I think all hotels in the area are similar in style. Would stay again pre cruise. Great location. Beach opposite for walk in the morning. Highly recommend Romecabs for transfers.

Thank you very much for the information.

We have a reservation for that hotel for our pre-cruise stay. We booked directly with the hotel.. We will arrive late afternoon /early evening so perhaps the pizza might be a good choice as well.I will look for the place that you dined in. I saw some good reviews of a pizza called Ghetto Pizza that is close to the hotel.

There are 8 of us and we have two quads so the younger adults will have to claim the stairs to get to their bedroom.

I did look at the Romecabs and did consider booking them, but I also looked at all the good reviews of civitavecchiatransferlimo ( on the trip advisor) .... and they offer the FCO to port transfer for 150 euros Rromecabs wants 200 euros) .... so I am not sure if it is worth paying 50 more euros for the same thing..

Did the hotel provided transfer bus take you to the ship

Thanks again for your reply.and the information.