last night in London for early flight?

We will spend a couple of days pre- and post-cruise in London. Spouse uses a wheelchair, and I do not want to worry about managing luggage and his chair on a train so we will be taking a car service to/from the airport, I think. Our flight back to USA leaves 9:00 am on a Saturday in the summer. Should we stay somewhere near terminal 3 the night before? Or will it be just as easy to leave from a hotel in London? Right now we are looking at staying near the Tower of London the last 2 days. If we do stay in London the night before, how much time should I allow to get to the terminal, etc.?

I can see no advantage in the inconvenience of relocating the night before to an airport hotel (from where you'd need to take a cab into the airport, assuming you would not want to use the Hoppa bus). You are going to have to make the journey out to Heathrow at some point, so it might as well be to deliver you straight to the terminal for your flight.

It should take about 45 minutes at that time on a Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Cotswold Eagle

From The Tower, which is on the "wrong" side of London for LHR, I would allow an hour, even on a Saturday morning. Your airline may tell you to be at the airport three hours before flight time, but two should be ample, so book a car for 6am (or 5:30 if you are nervous).

OP, please book your hotel on what is most convenient for what you want to do in London, particularly with your spouse's mobility issue. The difference is pretty negligible for a transfer to the airport, particularly if you follow Bob's more pessimistic timings - you'll have all the time in the world to get across town :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Cotswold Eagle

Thank you for helping me think this through. We will probably spend time near Kensington post-cruise, and then just allow time for the airport the morning of the flight. When traveling with a wheelchair, everything takes longer, but it's good to know approximately how much time to plan for the car.