Car rental miami

susan1957

Hi there, I need to rent a car out of Miami after my cruise in April. Can anyone recommend a company based on positive experience...when I google budget (closest to the pier)....extremely negative ...no cars avail though all had reservations....I also need to drop the car off at different location...many thanks for anyone's help...

The one time we stayed in Miami, we stayed at Embassy Suites which isn't close to the port. We rented a car from I believe Enterprise with no problems. Of course, no shuttle to the airport but we just had them call us a cab when we dropped the car off .

Just reserved a rental car from Dollar, pickup shuttle service from MIA sea port to local rental location with dropoff in Fort Myers in June.

The week you are looking to rent a car can determine availability and pricing.

Edited by evandbob

Like you I was concerned about the local rental locations, so we chose to get our car at the airport.

We just used Enterprise after our December cruise. Got off the Glory, went to the curb, waited for the Enterprise shuttle to the airport (have your reservation available, either on your phone or paper copy, to show shuttle driver). Shuttle drops you off directly at the rental car office.

No problems for us, it is hectic after disembarking, so be patient waiting for shuttle if you choose to do a car rental shuttle to the airport to pick up a car.

Also, there was no charge for dropping at different location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Rod in Az

We rented from National at MIA. Went to the curb after disembark and got a cab. There is a flat rate all cabs must charge from port Miami to MIA. If I recall, this is $25. Sure beats waiting in line for the shuttle.

National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer free shuttle service between POM and their MIA airport location. If you get a deal with someone else a taxi POM-MIA is $27+tip

Hertz, Avis and some others in downtown are close to POM but are often overwhelmed with cruise customers

Can anyone else comment on their RECENT experiences with the Enterprise shuttle from POM to MIA? I did some searching and there seems to be some mixed messages. TIA

Edited by rmats