Need your suggestions for 40th bday cruise

yuliyaks

Dear members! Please help! Need a suggestion on a cruise for the 40th bday. Here is what I am looking for - a luxury cruise to an exotic destination for ~7 days or so and a boat that has balconies (unlike Windstar sailings) and fellow cruisers in a similar age brackets. We've taken a 7-day Paul Gauguin Tahiti cruise for our honeymoon and loved it. Food was amazing, an exotic destination and a luxurious ship and lots of fellow 30-something and 40-something couples. What would be a good splurge? Just seems from all of the research I've done - either cruise is too long (21 days +) or most of fellow cruisers are older... Would you have suggestions? We've cruised a few times - but mostly with RC, Celebrity, Disney and probably just don't know enough. Would you have suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

yuliyaks, my first thought was the Paul Gauguin, which we loved twice! If nothing else, you could book PG again for a 10 or 11 nt. and see the Cook Islands too. Or change up the itinerary for a Fiji-Bali? Love the PG and the Society Islands! Others to consider may be Seadream Yacht Club (http://www.seadream.com) on Seadream I. It's said to be casual luxury on a yacht-like vessel, with superb food and service. Or perhaps Ponant. Windstar does have an awesome Caribbean itinerary that has been on my wish list http://www.windstarcruises.com/cruise/caribbean/yachtsmans-caribbean/?id=42&sid=21115.

And have you considered chartering a crewed yacht in the gorgeous British Virgin Islands? There are many options, here's one link http://www.bviyachtcharters.com/.

Please let us know what you decide, and have a great birthday celebration!

One suggestion would be to go to the Seychelles. There are many different cruises there and Seychelles is known as the Garden of Eden - quite beautiful and exotic. It would be something that probably most people you know have never been to.

The thing is, when you are getting to the substantially more luxurious cruises, they typically are more of a yacht type situation where you don't have a balcony. For example Crystal Yacht Cruises is amazing with Michelin starred food, but no balconies.

Here are the luxury lines I would suggest you consider as they sail with a mix of ages:

Crystal Yacht Cruises

Seabourn

Viking Ocean Cruises

Silversea

SeaDream