Is it worth it to wait to book on board?

DaisyFire

I've got my eye on a 2019 cruise and was hoping to get a good deal during WAVE season - but I'm not seeing anything spectacular. (Was hoping for at least a reduced deposit). The cabin I want (angled balcony on S-class) is available now - but might be gone if I wait.

Is it worth it to wait until my April cruise to book on board? What are the current offerings for on board booking? I know in the past it's been reduced deposit plus some extra OBC.

Thanks!

Depends on how much you want that angled balcony cabin. They go fast.... I just booked a cruise last week for that type of cabin for 2018, even though I am going on a cruise this Saturday. Decided not to wait. :rolleyes:

PS--The last time I tried to book onboard, Celebrity could not match my online TA. I was somewhat surprised.

Edited by cluso

I've got my eye on a 2019 cruise and was hoping to get a good deal during WAVE season - but I'm not seeing anything spectacular. (Was hoping for at least a reduced deposit). The cabin I want (angled balcony on S-class) is available now - but might be gone if I wait.

Is it worth it to wait until my April cruise to book on board? What are the current offerings for on board booking? I know in the past it's been reduced deposit plus some extra OBC.

Thanks!

Go ahead and book the cruise so you get the cabin you want. You can always switch your reservation in April if they offer a better deal. Always refundable. Unless you use certain cut rate TAs.

Depends on how much you want that angled balcony cabin. They go fast.... I just booked a cruise last week for that type of cabin for 2018, even though I am going on a cruise this Saturday. Decided not to wait. :rolleyes:

PS--The last time I tried to book onboard, Celebrity could not match my online TA. I was somewhat surprised.

If you book onboard (and I think you have plenty of time to get an angled balcony cabin), you can always transfer it over to your TA after booking it onboard. You will get the onboard perks as well as the extra OBC and a reduced deposit....unless your TA has a special group booking that is not combinable.

So, if Celebrity;s price is higher or if the perks are lower, never fear. You will still get the perks of booking onboard and then get your TA's price. Win win!!

Thanks for all the advice. While I'd love the angled balcony, I prefer not to tie up $900 for 2 entire years if I don't have to. Plus getting the extra OBC is always a plus. At this point I think I'm going to take my chances and wait for April. If my TA can offer me a better deal, I'll transfer the booking to them in the 60 day window.