Cafe select card

Sailing on Navigator of the Seas in March, looking at purchasing cafe select card. Anyone have any experience with the coffee card?

You can use it for any of the coffee beverages at restaurants and Cafe Promenade. It can be shared with others.

You can use it for any of the coffee beverages at restaurants and Cafe Promenade. It can be shared with others.

Will it work at Starbucks? For that matter, does the deluxe package let you order at Starbucks? The caveat says this: "*All Beverage Packages exclude any beverages served inside licensed Starbucks® stores." but on Navigator, Starbucks is sold at the Cafe Promenade, correct? So that's not a licensed Starbucks store. :p

I don't think it matters though. I had a Carmel Macchiato at Lattitudes on the Serenade that was awesome.

Beth

You do know regular coffee is included in your fare....

This is not a complaint! Just sayin', on several occasions, I've had coffee in the MDR at breakfast that was ... interesting. I kept putting cream in it, but it would not change colors. At all. :eek:

Will it work at Starbucks? For that matter, does the deluxe package let you order at Starbucks? The caveat says this: "*All Beverage Packages exclude any beverages served inside licensed Starbucks® stores." but on Navigator, Starbucks is sold at the Cafe Promenade, correct? So that's not a licensed Starbucks store. [emoji14]

I don't think it matters though. I had a Carmel Macchiato at Lattitudes on the Serenade that was awesome.

Beth

100% correct!

Sent from a mobile device

Will it work at Starbucks?

There is no licensed Starbucks venue on Navigator.

If there are venues on Navigator that serve coffee with Starbucks beans, they would be included.

Edited by clarea

It also states on the beverage pkg page that none of the beverage packages work for Starbucks.

It's a confusing question that comes up several times a week. No beverage package or beverage card covers beverages at the licensed Starbucks venues. So far, these are only on Oasis class ships.

However, other ships may serve beverages using Starbucks beans in venues like Cafe Promenade and Cafe Latte-Tudes, and these are included in the packages and cards.

Edited by clarea

For our upcoming Liberty cruise they are offering the "coffee card" for 15 specialty coffees on the cruise planner for $31 if pre-purchased. Is this a discount over the on-board price? Prefer to buy on board but will pre-purchase if it is less expensive.

We recently purchased the card on Freedom. My DH and I shared the card. We used it exclusively at The Promenade Cafe and could order any coffee ( no extra expresso shots) in any size. It worked out to about $2.30 per drink which was about half price. We thought it was a great deal, especially since the latte machine in the diamond lounge was out of service for our cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

For our upcoming Liberty cruise they are offering the "coffee card" for 15 specialty coffees on the cruise planner for $31 if pre-purchased. Is this a discount over the on-board price? Prefer to buy on board but will pre-purchase if it is less expensive.

A small latte at the café promenade is $3.50, so the card looks like a pretty good discount as long as you can drink 15 during the cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off Liberty yesterday. My son and I shared the coffee card and I used it mostly in the promenade café. I got large vanilla lattes and he got either an iced latte or a frappe. Just one check off the card for each drink.

I did present it one night in the main dining room after dinner for a café mocha for my son. Our waiter assistant said they didn't accept the cards and I kind of pushed and said that when I bought it, the website said any specialty coffees and didn't exclude the MDR. Our head waiter told her to go ahead and use it.

Just off Liberty yesterday. My son and I shared the coffee card and I used it mostly in the promenade café. I got large vanilla lattes and he got either an iced latte or a frappe. Just one check off the card for each drink.

I did present it one night in the main dining room after dinner for a café mocha for my son. Our waiter assistant said they didn't accept the cards and I kind of pushed and said that when I bought it, the website said any specialty coffees and didn't exclude the MDR. Our head waiter told her to go ahead and use it.

Thanks for the information! Did you buy on board? If you did how much was it?

If the card is not fully used on the ship it was bought, can it be used on any other ship and if so, does it have an expiration?

I don't believe so. I saw on RCCL website that it is only good on the cruise purchased, but it can be shared.

Unfortunately, I cannot find the exacting wording from the website.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the information! Did you buy on board? If you did how much was it?

I bought mine on the RC website about a week before the cruise. I assumed I'd get it at check in or it would be in my room or something--no. I had to go to Café Promenade and they had a list of all who had purchased the card. They wrote my name and room number on the card and gave it to me.

You can purchase the card at the café on ship as well.

Sounds like a good deal if DW and I can share the card. I looked at the responses so far and not sure I saw the answer. Is it the same price if you buy on board and if not, where exactly do you find it to prepay before embarking?

Same price on board.

If it's available pre-cruise, it would be in your Cruise Planner in the same place where the beverage packages are shown.

• 11 months later...

I can say that Majesty, Oasis, Navigator, and Independence have all had Soy milk available in the specialty coffee venue. No extra charge if you have the package or the punch card.

I was actually able to get almond milk on the Independence, but so far that has been the only one, and was only this last time on her.