Anyone ever cancel Air2Sea (Choice Air) flights?

AZEmom

We (apparently prematurely), booked our flights last summer from Miami to Venice for this coming May. It was our first time needing flights for a cruise. We naively believed their "low price guarantee".

It may have been low price at the time, but the same flights are now $500 round-trip instead of $1000. They say we are "stuck" because they are non-refundable tickets. But my husband read online that we can "cancel" our reservation and receive a credit.

Has anyone ever cancelled a flight and received this credit? I'm thinking we could turn around and re-book and add my son for the same price. $1000 is a lot of money!

Whether you receive a credit when cancelling depends on the type of tickets purchased. Some are fully refundable, some are partially refundable, and some are totally non-refundable. You should have received info on the refundability when you purchased the tickets.

We naively believed their "low price guarantee".

It may have been low price at the time, but the same flights are now $500 round-trip instead of $1000.

Are the $500 tickets in the exact same fare class as your $1000 tickets? There are many different fare classes with "coach" and low price guarantees usually say that the new ticket must be the exact same fare class. Beyond that, it's as Bob said- it depends up the refund rules for the particular ticket you purchased.

We (apparently prematurely), booked our flights last summer from Miami to Venice for this coming May. It was our first time needing flights for a cruise. We naively believed their "low price guarantee".

It may have been low price at the time, but the same flights are now $500 round-trip instead of $1000. They say we are "stuck" because they are non-refundable tickets. But my husband read online that we can "cancel" our reservation and receive a credit.

Has anyone ever cancelled a flight and received this credit? I'm thinking we could turn around and re-book and add my son for the same price. $1000 is a lot of money!

My understanding is the low price guarantee is based like most price match guarantees and based at time of booking. If you booked the flights at the time independently it is unlikely the airline would honor any price change now without a penalty unless you booked a higher costing fare type that was refundable to begin with.

Unfortunately when booking flights no one can guarantee what will happen to flight prices between the time of booking and when you take the flight.

There happens to be an international flight sale on at the moment. That's probably why the rates are as low as they are. I hope things work out let us know how you get on.

One of the most annoying things in vacation planning today, is airlines. The prices change daily sometimes. When you book a non-refundable ticket, that's your price. If you refund it, it varies per different airlines on what they will do. Air2Sea is just a travel agent, that does your booking with the cruise but it is still a separate piece.

For every price increase, many more find price savings from booking early, or through a group purchase. My case, is that my next cruise is International, and my airlines ticket if booked today, would cost me $350 more per ticket.

I don't think this helps in your situation but my dad had booked a cruise & ChoiceAir with Royal Caribbean, as well as their travel insurance. He ended up needing to cancel the cruise & flights owing to a family member passing away. I believe (from my memory anyway) that he got the full cruise amount back and most of the flights, less the 'deductible' from the insurance.

However, his intention was to fully cancel the trip, and he had a reason to do so. If you just want to cancel flights and rebook them, unfortunately I don't have any experience in that respect.

It's very difficult when prices change, but I try to keep in mind if I was happy with the price at the time, then I will focus on that and try to still enjoy my holiday. I've never seen such low international airfares in over 10 YEARS as I have done this year -- my dad managed to snag return flights to LHR for $505 this spring! I haven't seen those sorts of prices since I was at university in 2004 & 2005!!

As Bob mentioned earlier, you need to check on the rules for the ticket you have.

I have only cancelled/rebooked once, as the ticket price dropped from $1300 to $850. Even with their $200 cancellation fee, I still ended up with a $250 airline credit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

With the exception of an emergency, I book our flights when I feel at the time we are getting the best price. If they go up or down, especially with an Air 2 Sea ticket, I try not to think about it. The flight is paid for and look forward to our trip. Since we can't afford business or first class, we get Economy and they are non refundable tickets.