Food on Europe Cruises - Rhapsody Greek Isles

Can anyone who has been on the Greek Isles cruise out of Venice comments as to whether RCL has different menus of food than the ships here in the USA? For example does the MDR & Windjammer showcase more ingredients of the region or is it the same menu as every ship out of US ports?

Thank you for the repllies

Can anyone who has been on the Greek Isles cruise out of Venice comments as to whether RCL has different menus of food than the ships here in the USA? For example does the MDR & Windjammer showcase more ingredients of the region or is it the same menu as every ship out of US ports?

No, while the ingredients are obviously local, the menus are the same as the rest of the fleet (except no lobster on second formal night). You might have some minor additions/changes in the WJ but unlikely in the MDR.

Edited by Biker19

Thank you for the repllies

We did a 10-night Venice to Venice & Greek Islands this past October and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. The only time I saw a significant change was on a repositioning heading South after doing Alaska cruises. The salmon they had on board was some of the best we've had.

We cruised on the Rhapsody last summer out of Venice.

The Windjammer had more international variety than sailings out of the US.

bacon for example. The ship will have bacon, but it's not a US style of bacon. It's more like UK bacon (or rashers). US bacon is from the belly. UK bacon is from the back.

We didn't go hungry and rather enjoyed the different varieties of food offered.

After 2 weeks of varieties, I did have to hit up my local Micky D's after getting back home. :D

We cruised on the Rhapsody last summer out of Venice.

The Windjammer had more international variety than sailings out of the US.

bacon for example. The ship will have bacon, but it's not a US style of bacon. It's more like UK bacon (or rashers). US bacon is from the belly. UK bacon is from the back.

We didn't go hungry and rather enjoyed the different varieties of food offered.

This! The only difference I ever noticed was the bacon. I was on the 11-Night out of Venice.

OP - You should, however, take every opportunity to eat in port. We had some of the most amazing lunches ever at our port stops! My kids still talk about their favorites. :D

Edited by EllaDuChien
Add details

This! The only difference I ever noticed was the bacon. I was on the 11-Night out of Venice.

OP - You should, however, take every opportunity to eat in port. We had some of the most amazing lunches ever at our port stops! My kids still talk about their favorites. :D

Beñat were some of the food/restaurants you enjoyed in your specific ports?

Beñat were some of the food/restaurants you enjoyed in your specific ports?

In Turkey it was a place right at the port called Seasons of Love...fantastic calamari!

In Plaka (Athens) we stopped at one of the cafes along the main pedestrian street, great lamb platter.

In Katakolon (Olympia) it was a seaside cafe called Kastro. Beautiful views, good, very reasonably priced food.

Those were our favorite...hope that helps!