Celebrity choice air exchange rate for euro bookings

mustafabalcony

We've booked a Celebrity cruise and have looked at their choice air site for flights from Europe. Although our cruise is booked and paid for in euros, the prices for Celebrity choice air flights are shown in US dollars.

Does anyone know what sort of exchange rate add on Celebrity might charge us if we book these flights ?

Thanks for any advice.

The exchange rate would be determined by your credit card unless Choice Air can actually quote/sell you tickets in Euros.

For my Europe cruise last summer, my cruise was booked in US $ and even though I'm Canadian they would only quote/sell me tickets in US $. My credit card did the exchange. Was market rate plus 2%.

Hi Thanks for the 2 replies.

We've now logged in to our reservation (we only booked yesterday and had to wait for our reservation to show up in the online area).

We have now tried to book the choice air. But a message came up saying we can't use choice air because we have a 'direct booking'.

It seems a shame for celebrity to miss out on a bit of commission from an airline, but I guess they have their reasons.