Drink question

Hi. We haven't sailed with carnival for a couple of years and are looking at Christmas next year again and just wanted to see if anything has changed.

A guy that works with my husband is sailing with carnival this year and told my husband that he brought the cheers alcohol package for his wife. They are sailing from Australia and are going to New Caledonia and Fiji. He said he brought it through the travel agent.

I've been online and can not find and alcohol packages for carnival from Aus.

Has this changed within the last couple of wks or has his travel agent stuffed up?

Thanks

We sailed on the Legend this year and at that time there definitely wasn't the "Cheers" package available on the Australian cruises and do not believe it has become available since.

Is he perhaps thinking of the bottomless bubbles program which is soft drink, juices etc?

We sailed on the Legend this year and at that time there definitely wasn't the "Cheers" package available on the Australian cruises and do not believe it has become available since.

Is he perhaps thinking of the bottomless bubbles program which is soft drink, juices etc?

Thats what u said to my husband but this guy is for sure its alcohol. He even riddle of prices which match the website for America. I did tell hubby to get the guy to go back and check cause he may have just paid for something he cant use in Australia.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thats what u said to my husband but this guy is for sure its alcohol. He even riddle of prices which match the website for America. I did tell hubby to get the guy to go back and check cause he may have just paid for something he cant use in Australia.

Sorry ment to say i said to my husband.

Not quite true, they don't have any sort of All Inclusive Beverage Package, but they do have a couple of wine packages. Five bottles of wine at roughly 20% discount on the individual prices. There are two packages, one dearer than the other. You are given vouchers to exchange for bottles of wine from the list of wines in that package. There is quite a reasonable selection, covering most wine varieties.

Not quite true, they don't have any sort of All Inclusive Beverage Package, but they do have a couple of wine packages. Five bottles of wine at roughly 20% discount on the individual prices. There are two packages, one dearer than the other. You are given vouchers to exchange for bottles of wine from the list of wines in that package. There is quite a reasonable selection, covering most wine varieties.

Thanks for that info, we are on Carnival Spirit in a few weeks time, only a three nighter, but will need wine with dinner:p

Was thinking that 5 bottles may be too many but there will be 3 adults and two lazy sea days not including the day we board and I have got 11.30am boarding, so make that another sea day.......KiwiJJ, where can these be purchased? Can they be drunk anywhere? Similar to RCL and Princess?

All this Carnival stuff is new to us:o

and to the OP, we are unable to buy any drink packages on our booking, booked directly with Carnival and leaving from Australia

Edited by cheznandy