Drink package promotion - upgrading to Premium

Kristin1112

I've searched this thread and cannot find quite this question asked...

Celebrity has the "Go Big" "Go Bigger" "Go Biggest" promotion where you can choose 1, 2 or all 4 upgrade options

1. Classic Drink Package

2. Prepaid Gratuities for 2

3. Unlimited Internet for 2

4. $150/pp OBC

The Premium Drink Package is only available on the 'get all 4' option. Does anyone know if for the "Go Big" option where you choose only 1, if you can choose the Classic Drink Package as your 1 item, and then simply pay for the upgrade to Premium?

The drink package is the highest value item of the 4, so it would make sense to pick that one...only IF you can upgrade easily.

Thanks in advance!

And both people in a cabin do not have to upgrade if only one wants to do so. And you can upgrade anytime up to like three days before the end of the cruise. So sometimes if someone is uncertain if they want/need to upgrade I suggest they give it a day or so and see. Its prorated when you buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And both people in a cabin do not have to upgrade if only one wants to do so. And you can upgrade anytime up to like three days before the end of the cruise. So sometimes if someone is uncertain if they want/need to upgrade I suggest they give it a day or so and see. Its prorated when you buy it.

That's good info, thanks. On Carnival - what we're used to, all adults in the cabin have to purchase (only one package available, drinks up to $50 per glass are covered) and must be purchased the entire cruise.

Upgrading is easy $11.80/pp/pd.

You can do the upgrade before you board, or once aboard with any bar or bartender.

Easy-peesy!

I called the Captain's Club about something else and they took care of it for me. Really easy.

So one down and now waiting to see if they will offer any discounts for our 2nd leg before we sail in March.

Carol

Unlike Carnival, you're not limited to the daily number of drinks you can order...other than not getting overly drunk and obnoxious.

in my experience some can be overly obnoxious without being over drunk ( only a few though)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

the 2nd day they offered "Buy one get one free "Premium" package...if I had pre bought it I would have been really upset with that "sale"!!!

We have never had a beverage package as a perk...our first time will be this coming April...on "Millie"...we booked it 2.5 years ago when the first "1,2,3 Go package" was offered. Will be interested to see how it changes things...but being lucky enough to be Elite Plus...we get many things already "free" at that level. LuAnn

Upgrading is easy $11.80/pp/pd.

You can do the upgrade before you board, or once aboard with any bar or bartender.

Easy-peesy!

Hi. I wanted to upgrade from my included Classic package to Premium as well and would rather do it before I board. I can't find an option to do it on my reservation, do I have to phone them? Thank you. :)

the 2nd day they offered "Buy one get one free "Premium" package...if I had pre bought it I would have been really upset with that "sale"!!!

We have never had a beverage package as a perk...our first time will be this coming April...on "Millie"...we booked it 2.5 years ago when the first "1,2,3 Go package" was offered. Will be interested to see how it changes things...but being lucky enough to be Elite Plus...we get many things already "free" at that level. LuAnn

LuAnn

Was it buy one get one free to buy the initial package or could you buy one get one upgrade?

We'll be sailing on the Eclipse in a couple of weeks and have the Classic. We always upgrade to the Premium but will wait until the second day if that's a possibility.

LuAnn

Was it buy one get one free to buy the initial package or could you buy one get one upgrade?

We'll be sailing on the Eclipse in a couple of weeks and have the Classic. We always upgrade to the Premium but will wait until the second day if that's a possibility.

It was on a table "card" in the Oceanview Cafe...buy 1 Premium then get one Premium for free...I think this was for those who had not bought anything before boarding....I don't think it would apply to those who already had any type of package?? LuAnn

Hi. I wanted to upgrade from my included Classic package to Premium as well and would rather do it before I board. I can't find an option to do it on my reservation, do I have to phone them? Thank you. :)

I did this for my cruise in July 16. I rang them and upgraded from the classic to the premium package.