Wine with Dinner - Pacific Sun

Whoey

Yeah I heard somewhere a bottle of Brown Brothers Crouchen Riesling is $25 (ouch). We usually buy that for $9 a bottle.

I would like to know the full list, i.e. Reds & Whites.

When we cruised in 1996 on Fairstar they offered a 1 Litre House Carafe of white or red for like $8 or something. Do they still offer this, probably $20 now (guess)..?

Anyone know...?

I have looked at my menus(i have them all, just ask on the last night if you want them)they seem to change the wines each night probably to fit the menu. I am not a drinker so i dont know.

Here are a few for you

brown brothers crouchen and resling 4.75 glass and 20.00 bottle.

tullock verdello 24.00 bottle.

rose,mount cab merlot, 4.50 glass and 20 bottle, wolf blass cab sav 30

another night there were jacobs creek chardonnay 17 bottle, jacobs creek cab, 17,

tyrells lost block semillion 25, asti riccadonna 24.

there appears to be 4 bottles each night, with a couple in glass too. You can also order soft drinks, beer etc, water is also there.

I am not sure if they have a fulll wine menu or just what is listed on the dinner menu.

maybe someone else csn clarify

hope that helps.

any further details you know what to do?

Thanks Karon, that gives me a bit of an idea at least. I do have my favourites but I'm willing to try any brand. As long as they have at least one bottle of either Chardonnay, Chablis or Verdhelo (and I know they will) I'll be happy.

Karen

Hey all,

Another thing worth mentioning is that if you like you can buy a bottle and consume it over several nights. They will store it for you and bring it out each night. That way if you are the only drinker you don't have to pay for the price per glass!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Thanks for that it does help... I will go with $20 odd dollars a bottle

Did they offer a * House * wine at all ?

umm posted reply and it isnt showing up.

I just said that each night they do have two wines availalbe by the glass but it usually the wine that is listed by the bottle.

there may be a full wine menu but i dont know about that.

Hey all,

Another thing worth mentioning is that if you like you can buy a bottle and consume it over several nights. They will store it for you and bring it out each night. That way if you are the only drinker you don't have to pay for the price per glass!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

This is a great idea in theory,but the waiters have a habit of sneaking up on you and filling your glass and before you know it,what would have lasted 2 or 3 nights has all gone...........oh dear........

Sometimes if you only want 1 glass with your meal it best to order just that.

Each nights menu has a few wines listed - but there are other wines available - just ask a waiter. I think if you ask for a wine list you'll get one.

We basically brought either a bottle of Cruchen Reisling or a bottle of some sort of sweeter red each night - with 4 of us at the table drinking it, the bottle didn't last very long, never anything left to 'save' for the next night.

Also, you can pre-order your wine the previous night - so that when you get to the the table your prefered drop will be there waiting.

And talking of pre-ordering - on Pacific Sun for the formal night dinners, you'll probably get offered the chance to pre-order Oysters (one night) or prawns (the other night) to be delivered to your table form the Oyster/Sushi Bar located in the Gazebo Bar on the promenade deck.

Kym

umm posted reply and it isnt showing up.

I just said that each night they do have two wines availalbe by the glass but it usually the wine that is listed by the bottle.

there may be a full wine menu but i dont know about that.

There is also the "P&O cruises grapevine"

-Ad in the sun daily-

"you are invited to a wine tasting in the Burgundy dining romm. Come sample selected wines from the renowned cellars of the Pacific Sun. Enjoy wine tasting in a casual atmosphere for only A$9.50. Should you decide to purchase your wine during the grapevine, we will refund A$5.00"

Kazza

Maxx, you so think the same as me.. I read your last post and I could have posted exactly the same thing - lol.

Thanks for the info everyone :)

I emailed P&O today and they said house wine was dropped a long time ago (bummer) and everyone just buys by the glass or bottle.

cheers :)

From the beverage list from Pacific Sky Nov 2004 (and identical to the one on Pacific Sun in June 2005);

Wines by the glass (all available from the waiters in the dining room, also available by the bottle)

Jacobs Creek Sparkling; $4.50

Asti Riccadona $5.00

House White Wine $3.75

Brown Brothers Cruchen Reisling $4.75

Richmond Grove French Cask Chardonay $5.25

Pasqua Pinot Grigio $6.00

House Red Wine $3.75

Rosemount Estate Cab/Merlot $4.50

Wyndham Bin 444 Cab/Sav $5.75 (Bottle $23 in Restaurant)

Frantellli Chianti $5.75

From the dining room menus from June on Pacific Sun, Wine by the bottle

River Gum Colombard Chardonay Glass $3.75 Bottle $15.00

Rosemount Semillon Chardonay Bottle $20.00

River Gum Shiraz Cabernet Glass $3.75 Bottle $15.00

Richmond Grove Silver Series Shiraz Bottle $21.00

Tyrell's Lost Block Semillon Bottle $25.00

Ca De Medici Lambrusco Bottle $15.00

just a sample - many more available.

Kym

Maxx, you so think the same as me.. I read your last post and I could have posted exactly the same thing - lol.

Thanks for the info everyone :)

I emailed P&O today and they said house wine was dropped a long time ago (bummer) and everyone just buys by the glass or bottle.

cheers :)

We cruised on Sky in September 05. My husband and I went to the wine tasting. It was good, tasted a number of wines and bought 3 bottles which were then brought out to us, one each evening for the next 3 nights. After that we ordered off the main wine list which is only given to you if you ask for it. Otherwise on the menu each night there are 3-4 options to choose from. The main wine menu was quite extensive and quite reasonably priced.

Hope this is helpful

Family 5

Archived