Adult comedy age limit/do they check?

frayedend

I have seen this twice but would not describe it as teasing. It was more like berating the parent and questioning their parenting skills. This was done in a comedic way but the point was made. Over and over again. With a healthy dose of profanity and sexual explicitness to make the comedian's point that they did not think it was appropriate for the kid to be there. Everyone else was laughing hysterically. Both times the parents and kids left.

I have been to very few adult comedy shows, however ;

I have also seen this on a few occasions and it was harsh although maybe not unwarranted.

I have also seen the comedian just tell someone they needed to leave due to age.

I have not seen them card people at the door.

Hi,

They haven't checked ID in my experience BUT if the comic notices someone who looks really young I have seen them start to pick on them for comments and jokes to underscore why they should not be there.

i have seen them tease them and include the parent in that teasing soooo be prepared for attention if he comes!

I love it when they start on parents sitting front and center with children at the Adults Only show.

This past August on the Conquest, the host inquired and check ID's of both my son and daughter who are 18 and 21 respectively but look young....so I have seen them check.

Since they offer shows that aren't age-restricted, at least they have options for the younger ones.

If a 17 year old tried to go to adult comedy do they check? These days the kids hear worse stuff than I do.

My son was 18 on the last cruise and did not have his wallet with him and one guy tried to say he could not go in. My son argued with him (:o) and the guy finally relented. But when he was 17 he went without issue, without us....cause we are sleeping!

I guess the rules don't apply to everyone and yes, I have seen them ask for proof of age. I witnessed a teen who was with her parents and they asked for proof of age. The parents pitched a fit. All 3 were then asked to leave. I believe this was either on the Legend or Freedom.

I guess the rules don't apply to everyone and yes, I have seen them ask for proof of age. I witnessed a teen who was with her parents and they asked for proof of age. The parents pitched a fit. All 3 were then asked to leave. I believe this was either on the Legend or Freedom.

Thanks for the answer and no thanks for the condescending attitude. I never understand why people here need to interject their holier than thou attitude. I find it hard to believe some people obey every single rule all the time.

If you really need to understand why I would break such a rule I'll gladly tell you. Often times we go to the show after dinner and then it is too late to go to the family comedy. Then often the family comedy is just silly. It's either jokes for 6 year olds or adult jokes that just aren't funny in the correct context. The only reason for the 18 rule is for the content. If I feel that the content is okay for my kids then I don't see why they have this rule. I can take my kid to an NC17 movie if I feel comfortable doing it. So we would like to go the comedy club together and have some fun. So yeah, I'm a rule breaker. I'll see if my kid can get in while being 1 year young. If I am questioned and asked for proof we will leave without so much as a peep.

Frayedend, everyone has different levels of tolerance re: adult comedy and you know your kids best. I am not one to judge but here is my experience, for what it is worth. We took one of our kids to the adult comedy show when he was 17. I am OK with adult language and I think I am far from a prude. But the sexual nature of the comedy was super uncomfortable for me. So we didn't go back with him or with his older brother.

Having said that, I have gone to the adult comedy with my mother and that was even more uncomfortable!! :eek:

Thanks for the answer and no thanks for the condescending attitude. I never understand why people here need to interject their holier than thou attitude. I find it hard to believe some people obey every single rule all the time.

If you really need to understand why I would break such a rule I'll gladly tell you. Often times we go to the show after dinner and then it is too late to go to the family comedy. Then often the family comedy is just silly. It's either jokes for 6 year olds or adult jokes that just aren't funny in the correct context. The only reason for the 18 rule is for the content. If I feel that the content is okay for my kids then I don't see why they have this rule. I can take my kid to an NC17 movie if I feel comfortable doing it. So we would like to go the comedy club together and have some fun. So yeah, I'm a rule breaker. I'll see if my kid can get in while being 1 year young. If I am questioned and asked for proof we will leave without so much as a peep.

My apologies. I did not mean to be condescending. I guess I speak out of frustration. From parents letting minors go with them on Serenity, people saving chairs for hours, letting kids in the hot tubs, smuggling booze, etc. Everyone has an excuse for "breaking the rules" and why they should be allowed to.

I sincerely hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise.

:cool:

Edited by Butterbean1000

My apologies. I did not mean to be condescending. I guess I speak out of frustration. From parents letting minors go with them on Serenity, people saving chairs for hours, letting kids in the hot tubs, smuggling booze, etc. Everyone has an excuse for "breaking the rules" and why they should be allowed to.

I sincerely hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise.

:cool:

Thanks. I'm sure we'll have a great time with or without the comedy. I can't say I haven't smuggled booze in the past. But I won't be doing that with just me and the kids. I've never saved a chair. But I am curious on kids in hot tubs. I feel like we all went into some hot tubs as a family back on the Dream (some on the sides of the ship if I recall correctly). I honestly don't remember a no kids rule (unless maybe it's very young kids). I tend to be a bit of a rule breaker if unless I think it is affecting others. Some have argued my 17 year old would be taking a seat from adults at the comedy show and I guess that's a valid point, although I don't think that is why they have the rule.

Just off the Vista. They were tossing everybody who looked young the first few days, but after they embarrassed and screamed at my young looking 20 year old daughter, accused my 87 year old mother of lying, and threatened to call security if they didn't leave, we met with the entertainment director and they stopped checking. I don't mind following the rules but they need a better system than eyeballing people. They could have easily run my daughters card and avoided the whole scene.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app

Just off the Vista. They were tossing everybody who looked young the first few days, but after they embarrassed and screamed at my young looking 20 year old daughter, accused my 87 year old mother of lying, and threatened to call security if they didn't leave, we met with the entertainment director and they stopped checking. I don't mind following the rules but they need a better system than eyeballing people. They could have easily run my daughters card and avoided the whole scene.

For comedy the entire rule seems a bit silly. I could see if there are 12 year olds in there. But if people are even questionable old enough and with other adults that are clearly old enough it shouldn't be an issue. Maybe if it was just a group of teens then go ahead and check. Otherwise they should leave it up to parents. But then I'm sure they'd have complaints about that also.

There is always over kill on a new ship , everybody and the boss wants to be in charge :(

My son was 18 on the last cruise and did not have his wallet with him and one guy tried to say he could not go in. My son argued with him (:o) and the guy finally relented. But when he was 17 he went without issue, without us....cause we are sleeping!

Really a matter of judgment by those who screen. Some just looks younger than their age.