Booking a new cruise

Merion_Mom-- I did not think your OBC was linked to how much you deposited? Did you have that experience? It would be good to know for next time I book on board. Thanks!

Since the last major change to the Next Cruise OBC terms, the deposit and OBC have been the same.

Thank you Bob! I wish I had known this 2 weeks ago. I booked a cruise and they said the minimum deposit was $50 each. Had I known the OBC would have been matched, I would have put $500 down! LOL Live and learn I guess!

I don't know that they would have matched OBC with anything beyond the minimum required deposit. We will have to ask Ellen, who is our resident expert on all things OBC.

Thank you Bob! I wish I had known this 2 weeks ago. I booked a cruise and they said the minimum deposit was $50 each. Had I known the OBC would have been matched, I would have put $500 down! LOL Live and learn I guess!

They won't and if you take the instant OBC on board and later cancel your future cruise the deposit isn't refundable.

I was wondering if it makes any differece when you pre-book onboard? Does the offer change or improve during the length of the cruise?

I've seen them offer some extra OBC incentives when booking on board, but it's nothing that can be predicted.

Only incentive on our Allure trip was they did a drawing mid-week for $400 instant OBC.

Were you in the drawing because you had prebooked your next cruise? I just wondered if later in the cruise they sweetened the deal with other offers. We have never prebooked and I want to get the best advantage I can.

Were you in the drawing because you had prebooked your next cruise? I just wondered if later in the cruise they sweetened the deal with other offers. We have never prebooked and I want to get the best advantage I can.

The raffle usually is for cruises booked during the first 3 days of a 7 day cruise. On our recent 5 night BR cruise they were giving out bottles of sparkling wine when you booked a cruise

Didn't appear they did. I put mine on "hold" before the drawing but didn't book until Friday and they didn't offer anything better on Friday than they did on Tuesday. So I was not in on the Wednesday drawing.

I have an upcoming 24 night Explorer cruise and have no TA OBC or cruise line OBC, nor do I have free grats.

We plan to take an Ovation cruise next year from Sydney to Beijing that is really a B2B2B. We wish to book in AUD as they have been cheaper than in USD generally of late and fares booked in AUD now include grats (service charge as they call them). I predict based on past performance that prices will come down.

My plan is to book three similar length cruises but further out, take the booking on board OBC to cover some of our grats on our Explorer cruise and then move the pre booked cruises to our preferred Sydney-Beijing B2B2B when(if) prices are better .

As I would have had to pay the amount as my deposits towards grats on the cruise I am booking on board on anyway, even if I cancelled I am no worse off and if the prices drop I have got the booking on board OBC.

I am on the right track here?