Bliss Alaska booked!

RMS Olympic

My PCC with NCL called me this evening as soon as he got the ok to do bookings. Ship is more pricey than the jewel class sailing the same time frame. But I am willing to spend to be on her first Alaska cruis. Got the cabin I wanted overlooking the bow. I was surprised to see the bridge is on deck 14 and not 15 like the Escape. Observation lounge....wow!

I'm excited!!!

My PCC with NCL called me this evening as soon as he got the ok to do bookings. Ship is more pricey than the jewel class sailing the same time frame. But I am willing to spend to be on her first Alaska cruis. Got the cabin I wanted overlooking the bow. I was surprised to see the bridge is on deck 14 and not 15 like the Escape. Observation lounge....wow!

I'm excited!!!

Congratulations on your booking. My PCC is based out of Miami, so I'm going to wait until tomorrow. I trust the cabins I want will still be available. I'm going for a studio (with virtual view! ;)) and a neighboring Inside for my brother and niece. I'm happy that they mixed some interiors into the studio-plex so that folks who are traveling in a group--like--me can be nearby.

I think I've also decided to do the sailing after yours, so treat the ship well.

Finally, re your above observation about the bridge: Bliss and Joy are more different from Escape that Dawn-class is from Jewel-class. And yet they are supposedly the same class of ship. It's idiotic. B+ is either going to be Escape-class or Joy-class. Clearly they are in no way the same.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

I am booked too for September 8th :D Cannot Wait.:cool:

Although this will be our first non Suite :o on NCL We went with a Mini Suite on Deck 11. Since we are Platinum now I figured we may not miss the Suite experience too much. The Per person price was almost what I pay for our category SF for two. Actually almost double what I paid for The Haven 19 months ago. :eek: But figured I am booked and will keep watching the prices and promotions.

finally got through the main line at NCL and was able to book after speaking to 4 representatives. Went with a Aft facing balcony on deck 9 for the First itinerary cruise to Alaska June 2nd :D:D:D

Is that one doing Sawyer Glacier?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Is that one doing Sawyer Glacier?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

lol, I actually did not pay any attention, read this to my husband and he laughed, we really do not care the destination is the boat. Been to Alaska 11 times already:) but yes Sawyer Glacier

Sat 08-Sep 5:00pm SHIP DEPARTS SEATTLE

Sun 09-Sep AT SEA

Mon 10-Sep 7:00am KETCHIKAN, ALASKA, US

Mon 10-Sep 3:00pm KETCHIKAN, ALASKA, US

Tue 11-Sep CRUISE SAWYER GLACIER

Tue 11-Sep 2:00pm JUNEAU, ALASKA, US

Tue 11-Sep 10:00pm JUNEAU, ALASKA, US

Wed 12-Sep 7:00am SKAGWAY, ALASKA, US

Wed 12-Sep 5:30pm SKAGWAY, ALASKA, US

Thu 13-Sep AT SEA

Fri 14-Sep 4:00pm SHIP ARRIVES AND OVERNIGHTS IN VICTORIA, BC, CANADA, CANADA

Fri 14-Sep 10:00pm VICTORIA, BC, CANADA, CANADA

Sat 15-Sep 8:00am SHIP ARRIVES AT SEATTLE

lol, I actually did not pay any attention, read this to my husband and he laughed, we really do not care the destination is the boat. Been to Alaska 11 times already:) but yes Sawyer Glacier

Sat 08-Sep 5:00pm SHIP DEPARTS SEATTLE

Sun 09-Sep AT SEA

Mon 10-Sep 7:00am KETCHIKAN, ALASKA, US

Mon 10-Sep 3:00pm KETCHIKAN, ALASKA, US

Tue 11-Sep CRUISE SAWYER GLACIER

Tue 11-Sep 2:00pm JUNEAU, ALASKA, US

Tue 11-Sep 10:00pm JUNEAU, ALASKA, US

Wed 12-Sep 7:00am SKAGWAY, ALASKA, US

Wed 12-Sep 5:30pm SKAGWAY, ALASKA, US

Thu 13-Sep AT SEA

Fri 14-Sep 4:00pm SHIP ARRIVES AND OVERNIGHTS IN VICTORIA, BC, CANADA, CANADA

Fri 14-Sep 10:00pm VICTORIA, BC, CANADA, CANADA

Sat 15-Sep 8:00am SHIP ARRIVES AT SEATTLE

lol...in other words there will be no glacier viewing. The Jewel got iced out of Tracey Arm pretty regularly and now they want to send a ship that is MUCH bigger up Tracey Arm? Don't go for the glacier viewing. It's ok though as the Fjords are amazing. We have gone to Alaska 8 times so when we try out the Bliss the ship will be our main destination. It's easy to go to Alaska when you are only a half hour from the port. :D

lol...in other words there will be no glacier viewing. The Jewel got iced out of Tracey Arm pretty regularly and now they want to send a ship that is MUCH bigger up Tracey Arm? Don't go for the glacier viewing. It's ok though as the Fjords are amazing. We have gone to Alaska 8 times so when we try out the Bliss the ship will be our main destination. It's easy to go to Alaska when you are only a half hour from the port. :D

It doesn't sound like you cruised "Tracy Arm" (correct spelling) itineraries at all this year??

Ships sailed Endicott Arm all season with FULL viewing of the Dawes Glacier, so your "no glacier viewing) is not accurate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

hope these prices come down.

Tough to pay $18,000 for the same thing I paid $5500 for last year. Albeit, a brand new beautiful ship.

Heck, the pearl isnt much cheaper at $15,800 for the exact same room we had on the Jewel last year.

Heck, I have the Escape booked for Dec 2017 at under $6,000. the same room on the bliss for caribbean a year later would be $19,000.

Edited by hunterjackson
added info

hope these prices come down.

Tough to pay $18,000 for the same thing I paid $5500 for last year. Albeit, a brand new beautiful ship.

Heck, the pearl isnt much cheaper at $15,800 for the exact same room we had on the Jewel last year.

Heck, I have the Escape booked for Dec 2017 at under $6,000. the same room on the bliss for caribbean a year later would be $19,000.

I'm glad people are willing to pay these prices- for a 7 day cruise. :)

I'm a "cheap" cruiser, wouldn't consider even the above "lower" prices. :) All kinds of travelers- and it's important to know yourself. Me, I'm just into volume traveling and see cruise ships as no more than meals, transportation and lodging. Itinerary is my priority.

I can see the Bliss having some low last minute deals- which I'll book. Happened on the Escape and Getaway this past fall when just about every week was offered. It might- put Alaska in some oversupply? Another possible advantage for snagging those price dumps. :)

I'm glad people are willing to pay these prices- for a 7 day cruise. :)

I'm a "cheap" cruiser, wouldn't consider even the above "lower" prices. :) All kinds of travelers- and it's important to know yourself. Me, I'm just into volume traveling and see cruise ships as no more than meals, transportation and lodging. Itinerary is my priority.

I can see the Bliss having some low last minute deals- which I'll book. Happened on the Escape and Getaway this past fall when just about every week was offered. It might- put Alaska in some oversupply? Another possible advantage for snagging those price dumps. :)

I just booked a studio for myself and an inside for my brother and his daughter for the second Alaska sailing. Since we're West Coast folk, we will save a lot of money on airline tickets and we probably won't need a hotel. The prices weren't too bad for steerage, and as you say, the prices might drop. But yeah, the suite prices are off the hook. But I suppose if you can afford to sail in a suite, you can afford to splurge a bit. ;)

I booked an inside for my husband and I for July 28th cruise......did a lot of comparison shopping last night...inside cabins were comparable. The balconies were beyond my reach....we will be happy to get to Alaska! We are from the east coast....

Just booked the first Alaska cruise on June 2, 2018!

We just booked that inaugural cruise as well. Aft balcony cabin here we come! The NCL representative I spoke to said there will be special festivities onboard since this is the inaugural Alaska cruise and that the NCL bigwigs will be onboard as well.

It will be our first time on a mega ship and our first time on a brand new ship! We also won't have to fly anywhere for this cruise as we live near Seattle! Looking forward to this cruise! Only 506 more days to go! ;)

Just booked the June 2 Alaskan cruise too! Aft balcony (first one!). Thought about the spa balcony but it was $1300 more. I'd rather have the aft balcony view and pay for the spa passes! I sailed Alaska on the Jewel with my mom, suzieq28, (Hi mom!) in 2015. This cruise will be for my fiance's birthday and our first wedding anniversary! He doesn't know yet. 507 long days to go!