Governor of Alabama boycotts Aruba

ScubaJim

Aruba Police: Deepak 'Confession' Tape Manipulated

A tape aired on the Dr. Phil television show, in which Deepak Kalpoe allegedly claimed that he, Joran Van Der Sloot and his brother Satish Kalpoe all had sex with missing teen Natalee Holloway, was found to be altered by forensic investigators in Holland.

"The tapes played on U.S. television appear to have been altered to suggest Deepak admitted to a sexual act, our forensic investigators tell us, the original tape did not say that," Gerald Dompig, chief police deputy for Aruba, said in a statement.

"I have reviewed the findings of the Forensic Institute in Holland... those results state that the tapes were not authentic in regard to statement made by Deepak Kalpoe," Dompig said. "We have asked the FBI to review the same tapes to corroborate the conclusion reached by our Dutch forensic investigators."

Dompig maintained that none of the suspects had ever admitted to having sex with Natalee Holloway on the night that she disappeared. The videotape interview with Deepak Kalpoe seemed to show him admitting they all three had sex with her, which could have opened them up to prosecution for rape.

The tape was an interview with Deepak Kalpoe by an investigator hired by the Dr. Phil show. Deepak allegedly claimed Holloway "dressed like a slut," and he, his brother, Satish, and Van Der Sloot had sex with her.

http://crime.about.com/b/a/222579.htm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20051124/ca_pr_on_wo/aruba_missing_teen

I have a really great idea . . . let's charge those three boys with Natalee's disappearance. No, let's charge them with rape. Better yet . . . let's charge them with murder. I mean who needs any evidence? Such trivia . . . after all, they were the last seen with her and what more does one need to convict someone on charges of rape and murder?

Beth Holloway would get what she wants . . . vendication for sending her little girl to an island known for sex and booze without any supervision. It would also make it okay for other young girls to go to Aruba, go to a bar (the fact she was underage doesn't matter . . . I mean, come on . . . she was eighteen and knew what she was doing . . . as others [not me] on these boards have said . . . at eighteen one has enough connon sense not to do anything wrong), get drunk and go off with strangers.

Who needs anyone to supervise or friends to care what one does. At eighteen years old . . . one has enough common sense to know right from wrong. After all, someone who just graduated from high school would never, especially under the influence of one drink to many . . . leave a bar with three total strangers.

The media would be happy . . . what a great story. Requests for a boycott would end and everyone would once again be back to normal. Yes, I think these three boys shoud be found guilty of whatever it is that Beth Holloway wants. I mean, after all . . . she holds all those people of Aruba in her hands. Boycott Aruba? Yeah . . . I think that's exactly what should be done. Those people that depend on tourists to help them put food on the table should be taught a lesson.

Needless to say . . . I don't believe a word of what I've just written . . . :(

Let's see: We have one, yes one, missing teenager in Aruba. Went out to a bar known for rowdiness, drugged drinks, with no companions, at night and came up missing! Lot of finger pointing and spirited questions by the media ; but none towards the grieving, irate parents or the chaperones. Now our Governor declares a boycott of the entire island. Guess next he'll declare a boycott for the largest city in our fair state. We have several missing individuals and eighty something homicides thus far this year. And we're no bigger than the island of Aruba.

Sorry, I hate the loss; but there needs to be some accountability and responsibilty a little closer to home. In the meantime, I'll still go to Aruba; just stay out of the same places I stay out of at home.

• 3 years later...

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1153.html

"CRIME: The crime threat in Aruba is generally considered low although travelers should always take normal precautions when in unfamiliar surroundings. There have been incidents of theft from hotel rooms and armed robberies have been known to occur. Valuables left unattended on beaches, in cars and in hotel lobbies are easy targets for theft. Car theft, especially that of rental vehicles for joy riding and stripping, can occur. Vehicle leases or rentals may not be fully covered by local insurance when a vehicle is stolen or damaged. Be sure you are sufficiently insured when renting vehicles and jet skis.

Parents of young travelers should be aware that the legal drinking age of 18 is not always rigorously enforced in Aruba, so extra parental supervision may be appropriate. Young female travelers in particular are urged to take the same precautions they would when going out in the United States, e.g. to travel in pairs or in groups if they choose frequenting Aruba’s nightclubs and bars, and if they opt to consume alcohol, to do so responsibly.

Anyone who is a victim of a crime should make a report to Aruban police as well as report it immediately to the nearest U.S. consular office. Do not rely on hotel/restaurant/tour company management to make the report for you. "

I live in Alabama and will be traveling to Aruba in about 3 wks.

As a past travel agent that went on many trips with high school seniors I want to make this clear.

"They all act crazy, insane and so irresponsible"

After 4 or 5 yrs of them I totally stopped going.

I have to take up for the chaperones now, we can not control what they do 100% of the time.

These kids on senior trips are CRAZY!!

That's why both my children did not go on a trip without me, cause I know how they act.

I actually went on a cruise with daughter on her senior trip and her best friend and her mom.

So, advice from someone who knows...

NEVER LET YOU KIDS GO ON A SENIOR TRIP... BY THEMSELVES....

THEY ARE A DANGER TO THEMSELVES...

I PRAY YOU LISTEN TO ME ABOUT THIS

And with Natalie, I feel for her mom... Bless her heart, can any of you imagine how she hurts. I pray God will be with her and help ease her hurt.

So, as far as our governor, he was just trying to get the authorities to get more involved. And, I personally think they did not act fast enough but all that is way over my head.

Only God knows what actually did take place.

But, I do know she did not do anything ALL other seniors WOULD do on senior trips... They drink and do crazy things.

I personally do not drink and do not follow kids into nightclubs.

It was not Natalie's fault, she fell in the hands of very cruel, evil people and for that God will pay them back I have no doubt.

So, with all that said.

If you love your children... DO NOT...

LET THEM GO ON A SENIOR TRIP WITH FRIENDS WITHOUT YOU....

I DON'T CARE WHERE IT IS... THIS COULD HAPPEN ANYWHERE.

EVEN THEIR HOME TOWN.......

Did they ever find the girl? Is there still a boycott in effect. I was thinking of traveling there, but I don't want to go there since it is unsafe and the cops are crooked.

what? aruba is one of the safest places on earth, imo. i'm going there again in two weeks. if you think it's unsafe and the cops are crooked, go somewhere safe like alabama:eek:

Archived