Zuiderdam Neptune Suite

Bosch

If anyone has recently cruised on the Zuiderdam in a Neptune Suite, could you please advise if coffee makers are now in the Suites?

Also, have the large, wall-mounted, interactive TVs been installed?

Thx.

Yes, there are coffeemakers. They're "mocoffee" so don't bother to bring your own k-cups. You have a choice of espresso, decaf and regular (I don't remember what they call the regular). There are small and larger mugs (not MY idea of large, but larger than the little espresso cup) and you set the device for your choice of size. I didn't love it, but it was OK for a quick morning fix.

I hope they still have it, because we're back on Zuidy soon--Pinnacle Grill breakfast served French press coffee!!!!!

No, sorry, still the old TV on the desk. That won't change until her refit, which is some time this fall, I believe.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

If anyone has recently cruised on the Zuiderdam in a Neptune Suite, could you please advise if coffee makers are now in the Suites?

Also, have the large, wall-mounted, interactive TVs been installed?

Thx.

The coffee in the Neptune Lounge is excellent IMHO. They didn't have the coffee makers yet last Jan on the Oodam so we had room service deliver a pot then I'd head to the NL to watch the news and enjoy their brew.

I'll pass judgment on the in-suite system in 4 days.

Yes, there are coffeemakers. They're "mocoffee" so don't bother to bring your own k-cups. You have a choice of espresso, decaf and regular (I don't remember what they call the regular). There are small and larger mugs (not MY idea of large, but larger than the little espresso cup) and you set the device for your choice of size. I didn't love it, but it was OK for a quick morning fix.

I wish I knew that you could set the cup size - I missed that option.

HAL should put directions for these coffee makers in the cabins as many of us do not have them.

I hope they still have it, because we're back on Zuidy soon--Pinnacle Grill breakfast served French press coffee!!!!!

No, sorry, still the old TV on the desk. That won't change until her refit, which is some time this fall, I believe.

Thank-you!

The machine we had on the Koningsdam had yea bags on the stand. I think you could just put water in the tank and brew away.

Sent from my XT1064 using Forums mobile app

The coffeemaker was brand new when we were on Zuiderdam, and I did just that. The tea was fine. But I wonder if after months of coffee going through the machine you could get hot water that didn't taste of coffee. Worth a try, I guess.

Not a coffee fan but a tea fan. So my question is do they have a set up so us tea drinkers can do so? Some do. Thanks for any replies.

There were a couple of tea bags there, but I much prefer the tea in the Neptune Lounge. I'd take those for brewing tea in your cabin ;)

I usually take a couple now and then for having tea in the MDR as there are a couple that I really like.

Thanks for the answers. Well, I could bring small container of white vinegar to run through machine in case coffee residual flavor. That will cure it. I was thinking I needed to bring my own tea as it was and I always have to bring some creamer because it seems they don't have mine often. Yes, I'm one of those at times who will kill a good cup of tea with some cream. Not all the time and not with every flavor of tea.