Anthem back May 11 - critique my plan please!

masonpips

We're on the 5 night Anthem May 6-11 (flying in May 4, still working front end).

My DH has a 1:30 flight from EWR. I am traveling on to WAS via Amtrak.

I plan to book the 9:56 a.m. train (with backup shown below, much easier to shift a train reservation than flight).

1) We self-disembark at approximately 7 am

2) Schedule Dial7 for 7:30 (?: do we tell them we plan to disembark and a different time?)

3) Our drop-off spot will be Airtrain Newark P4 so I can take it to Amtrak EWR station and DH can take other way to airport terminal

3a) IF we are delayed (only due to ship issues) and running late there is a 10:53/11:52 from Newark (not airport) Amtrak that I can log in and switch to - will it be a problem to ask Dial7 to change my drop-off in this case?

or

3b) We still go to Airtrain P4 and split, I just take the train to Newark Amtrak station (one stop) to catch the WAS bound train?

I've taken the train from NYC Penn to EWR, including the switch to the AirTrain so I'm familiar with the "if everything is on time" scenario. It's if there is an unexpected docking delay that I want feel comfortable about.

Thank you!

We're on the 5 night Anthem May 6-11 (flying in May 4, still working front end).

My DH has a 1:30 flight from EWR. I am traveling on to WAS via Amtrak.

I plan to book the 9:56 a.m. train (with backup shown below, much easier to shift a train reservation than flight).

1) We self-disembark at approximately 7 am

2) Schedule Dial7 for 7:30 (?: do we tell them we plan to disembark and a different time?)

3) Our drop-off spot will be Airtrain Newark P4 so I can take it to Amtrak EWR station and DH can take other way to airport terminal

3a) IF we are delayed (only due to ship issues) and running late there is a 10:53/11:52 from Newark (not airport) Amtrak that I can log in and switch to - will it be a problem to ask Dial7 to change my drop-off in this case?

or

3b) We still go to Airtrain P4 and split, I just take the train to Newark Amtrak station (one stop) to catch the WAS bound train?

I've taken the train from NYC Penn to EWR, including the switch to the AirTrain so I'm familiar with the "if everything is on time" scenario. It's if there is an unexpected docking delay that I want feel comfortable about.

Thank you!

For a 10:53 or 11:52 train from Newark Penn Station you could take a 10:26 or 11:18 NJ Transit train from the Newark Airport to Newark Penn Station for $8.50 and 6-7 minutes.

However, if you have to rearrange due to a late arrival, I think your travel plans should take precedence. Have the car service take you both to Newark Penn Station so you will catch your Amtrak train and let you husband take the NJ Transit train one stop to EWR. That way you would travel together all the way to the train platform, which should be the same platform for both trains. Your husband should still have plenty of time to make his 1:30 flight.

May 11th is a Thursday. We found that weekday traffic leaving Bayonne was TERRIBLE. It took well over an hour to get TO the bridge, never mind over it. Then, not so bad. I would be more worried about traffic than the ship getting in late.