Majesty of the Seas

Hello All,

I just booked a 4 day cruise on the majesty of the Seas in a Oceanview room for 3 of us. What can you tell me about the ship that I should know about?

Thanks Everyone.

Here is a good start:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=SS&shipCode=MJ&br=R

Majesty of the seas is a older ship Commissioned in 1992. . She is smaller than the average ships of today at almost 74 tons. , Has 13 passenger decks and hold 2744 passengers. I found her very easy to access everything . The Ocean view rooms are on the small side @ 122 sf. When I sailed on her I usually took a slightly larger superior ocean view room at 157sf which is ocean view with obstruction. Sailed on her many many times She is a grand lady, kept spotless. I would not hesitate to sail on her again. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Majesty of the seas is a older ship Commissioned in 1992. . She is smaller than the average ships of today at almost 74 tons. , Has 13 passenger decks and hold 2744 passengers. I found her very easy to access everything . The Ocean view rooms are on the small side @ 122 sf. When I sailed on her I usually took a slightly larger superior ocean view room at 157sf which is ocean view with obstruction. Sailed on her many many times She is a grand lady, kept spotless. I would not hesitate to sail on her again. [emoji4]

Thanks - GREAT info. Booked on a 3 night in February. I loved Enchantment - so I think I'll love Majesty.

We sailed on Majesty last month. We had a lot of fun. All the staff we dealt with were amazing. We had an oceanview room on deck 3. Yes, it was small but it was comfortable. We were only in our room to sleep and shower so it was fine for us. We ate in the dining room every night, the food was pretty good. We LOVED CocoCay, go down to South Beach. South Beach has a bar in the water, it was pretty cool. At night we hung out in Schooners, we enjoyed the piano player. The pool deck was fun too. I'm sure you will have a great time, if you have any specific questions, let me know. :)

We sailed on Majesty last month. We had a lot of fun. All the staff we dealt with were amazing. We had an oceanview room on deck 3. Yes, it was small but it was comfortable. We were only in our room to sleep and shower so it was fine for us. We ate in the dining room every night, the food was pretty good. We LOVED CocoCay, go down to South Beach. South Beach has a bar in the water, it was pretty cool. At night we hung out in Schooners, we enjoyed the piano player. The pool deck was fun too. I'm sure you will have a great time, if you have any specific questions, let me know. :)

Great tips! Thanks! We missed CocoCay last year on Enchantment - so we're hoping that we don't miss it this trip.

Hi! Are there bathrooms at South Beach? I read that they were going to add them soon, but wasn't sure when that article was from.

Also, does SB have cabanas near the water or just loungers? There are 3 of us traveling in my group, so I'm wondering what the best plan is (we are very fair-skinned and need shade!) Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Hi! Are there bathrooms at South Beach? I read that they were going to add them soon, but wasn't sure when that article was from.

Also, does SB have cabanas near the water or just loungers? There are 3 of us traveling in my group, so I'm wondering what the best plan is (we are very fair-skinned and need shade!) Thanks!

Yes, there was a bathroom. It was next to where the tram stopped to pick up/drop off.

They have chairs you could rent that had the clam shell umbrella which we rented but the time of day we were there, they didn't really offer much shade but it was enough to keep my face out of the sun (which is always the first thing to burn on me lol). There were plenty of chairs available in the shade. They also had the big beds you could rent down the beach a little further, not sure what they are called. I don't have a good picture of the beds but in this picture they are off to the right in the picture, pretty close to the water. The 2nd picture is what we rented to attempt to have some shade. lol

cococay3.jpg.91efcc389f1788bece957366133fc3a5.jpg

cococay4.jpg.31e6b7e10c51add29999f8c4a73829fa.jpg

Yes, there was a bathroom. It was next to where the tram stopped to pick up/drop off.

They have chairs you could rent that had the clam shell umbrella which we rented but the time of day we were there, they didn't really offer much shade but it was enough to keep my face out of the sun (which is always the first thing to burn on me lol). There were plenty of chairs available in the shade. They also had the big beds you could rent down the beach a little further, not sure what they are called. I don't have a good picture of the beds but in this picture they are off to the right in the picture, pretty close to the water. The 2nd picture is what we rented to attempt to have some shade. lol

Great! Thank you! I can't wait to see that water; it's SO clear! :)

I was trying to start a new thread for this question but I can't seem to figure out that option. My friend (whose never cruised before) and I (one time before) are going in a week and a half. We have a 3rd floor oceanview room (no balcony...sad) and since neither one of us our big on the high octane excursions, we'll be lo-key. The south beach on CocoCay sounds interesting as does the chocolatier tour on Nassau. My main question is when to do the Chef's Table so it doesn't conflict with the Captains dinner. Any Advice on those? And we also saw on RC website talk of a murder mystery dinner which is so right up our alley (honestly if the whole boat was devoted to it I could get a group to go!!) I can't find any real sign up or information about this boat event. Does anyone know of it??

And sorry for kinda hijacking your thread - I just didn't know where else to put the question!

I was trying to start a new thread for this question but I can't seem to figure out that option. My friend (whose never cruised before) and I (one time before) are going in a week and a half. We have a 3rd floor oceanview room (no balcony...sad) and since neither one of us our big on the high octane excursions, we'll be lo-key. The south beach on CocoCay sounds interesting as does the chocolatier tour on Nassau. My main question is when to do the Chef's Table so it doesn't conflict with the Captains dinner. Any Advice on those? And we also saw on RC website talk of a murder mystery dinner which is so right up our alley (honestly if the whole boat was devoted to it I could get a group to go!!) I can't find any real sign up or information about this boat event. Does anyone know of it??

And sorry for kinda hijacking your thread - I just didn't know where else to put the question!

I don't remember a murder mystery dinner on Majesty last month.

I didn't do the other 2 dinners so hopefully someone else can help you with that. Sorry!

We didn't do excursions either, we just enjoyed the beaches and walked around. I hope you have a wonderful time!

No worries. Are you using the app? If so, go back to the main topic and you should see the write new message icon in the lower right-hand corner of the app. You'll probably get more responses that way.

I think the murder mystery is only on some ships/trips. I think it costs extra, too. Maybe do some Google research to see if it's on this one?

I'm also interested in the chocolate tour/workshop in Nassau. Let me know how it is! :)

Hello All,

I just booked a 4 day cruise on the majesty of the Seas in a Oceanview room for 3 of us. What can you tell me about the ship that I should know about?

Thanks Everyone.

Given your user name, I am going to guess you are an Orlando local. I've been on Majesty 4 times and enjoy her. It seemed to me, with no numbers to justify that the ship has a greater percentage of passengers living within driving distance since moving to Cape Canaveral. The only thing that effected on my last cruise was a larger number of people using the self disembarkation. With the larger number (percentage) than I have seen on other ships, listen to the announcements the day before if you plan on doing this. They do it well, its just the line forms a little different.