American Table say it aint so

will76rocks

DH enjoyed the braised ox tongue both weeks we were on the Magic. It was one of the rare finds and he loved. Other apps we found - fried oysters, cured salmon, and duck.

We had lots of seafood including lobster twice, steaks, pasta and for the frsit time ever - pork chops. We tried them because one of our nearby table mates raved at how good they were and she was right.

I had bitter 'n blanc, creme brulee (2x) s'mores parfait (2x), banana bread pudding, chocolate penna cotta, cannoli (2x in the Italian restaurant), and a few more in the 15 days. Only had WCMC once, which was a first for me. I decided I wanted to try as many new things that cruise.

I was on the Dream in November and they had the Fried Oysters. My BIL talked me into trying them since nothing was appealing to me. So if any of you happened to look over and see a woman with tears in her eyes trying not to gag that was me. Those were the worst things I have ever eaten. No where to spit it out so I swallowed it and started choking down bread. Everyone at the table was laughing at the face I made. Then topped it off by going to the steakhouse and they served me a complimentary chefs dish that was raw beef with horseradish ice cream on top. Who the heck thinks of putting ice cream and horseradish together? Let alone put it on raw beef. Everything else I tried was good so I did enjoy the AT.

I was on the Dream in November and they had the Fried Oysters. My BIL talked me into trying them since nothing was appealing to me. So if any of you happened to look over and see a woman with tears in her eyes trying not to gag that was me. Those were the worst things I have ever eaten. No where to spit it out so I swallowed it and started choking down bread. Everyone at the table was laughing at the face I made. Then topped it off by going to the steakhouse and they served me a complimentary chefs dish that was raw beef with horseradish ice cream on top. Who the heck thinks of putting ice cream and horseradish together? Let alone put it on raw beef. Everything else I tried was good so I did enjoy the AT.

Different tastes for different folks. Had the fried oysters on the Vista and I LOVED them...go figure. Would have enjoyed seeing your face tho.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

NO LOBSTER offered on our 7-day Christmas cruise on the Glory a couple of weeks ago. VERY disappointing! (Well, you could pay $20 extra for it, but it was no longer included in the cruise price.)

We agree that the food quality in general is noticeably declining from a year or two ago. For example, the stuffed mushrooms are now served embedded in a spongy orange-colored sauce. The Reuben Sandwich is not made with real corned beef. The Deli no longer offers potato chips. The breakfast buffet used to offer a large number of cooked foods -- now 1/3 of it is boxed cereals.

Fake corne beef? Looked real to me. In my 27 Carnival cruises I've never seen chips at the deli. Room service has them. Plenty of cooked food for breakfast including eggs benedict.

We just finished a 5 day and had escargot and frog legs. There was not a single night that we couldn't find something we enjoyed. Now we did go to Lido one night, but mainly because we were just too tired. We actually found the food very good and even better than my last cruise on the same ship. There are several videos on a well known site that can give you

Some ideas of what's offered. I found pretty much the exact menus for our ship

Don't worry, the American Table will still have the "Didjas". But a word of caution, it seems that with this new menu, the quality of the food has declined. Some will disagree with me, and some won't. However, based off of our last cruise (August) with American Table, the food wasn't great and was always served on the luke warm side. That being said, we didn't exactly go hungry. lol. Have fun on your upcoming vacation.

Food taste is different from person to person. Your 'word of caution' is a bit extreme.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Different tastes for different folks. Had the fried oysters on the Vista and I LOVED them...go figure. Would have enjoyed seeing your face tho.

I know, I like some seafood but if it has a strong odor I don't want it. As for the face, thankfully no one had a camera out.

We experienced the American Table while on the Freedom in September. I thought the menu had plenty of choices & liked everything I tried. The pork chops were really good & the steak was better than what we had in the steakhouse. On the right hand side of the menu IIRC, there were dishes inspired by the port we had visited that day. I enjoyed trying these too.

I honestly think that the only time I didn't enjoy something from the AT menu was that one time I ordered a drink inspired by one of the ports. I forget the port and I forget what the drink was called but it was basically tequila, simple syrup and grapefruit juice. Normally, I find Carnival drinks to be a little on the weak side (which is fine with me. I'm not a huge drinker anyway) but this one was super heavy on the tequila and NOT very good. Bleurgh.

Seem you have been keeping up with me just fine lately.... Does the number of times one posts here make any comment more or less qualified, or do you just have to have a sharp whit?

Same ship , different day .

Food is so subjective. We enjoyed the AT menu but miss the calimari and ordering appetizers for the table as that feature has been deleted. Like the table settings of AT and when elegant nights occur, they dress the tables up. The one noticeable change I found was is the lobster bisque. It's not as creamy, no ground lobster, and is kind of like a refined tomato soup. It used to taste the same as what was offered in the steakhouse

Don't worry, the American Table will still have the "Didjas". But a word of caution, it seems that with this new menu, the quality of the food has declined. Some will disagree with me, and some won't. However, based off of our last cruise (August) with American Table, the food wasn't great and was always served on the luke warm side. That being said, we didn't exactly go hungry. lol. Have fun on your upcoming vacation.

I agree. The quality of the food has declined along with fewer choices being offered. Wait staff is reduced and so service in the dining room has declined as well. :(

Then topped it off by going to the steakhouse and they served me a complimentary chefs dish that was raw beef with horseradish ice cream on top. Who the heck thinks of putting ice cream and horseradish together? Let alone put it on raw beef. Everything else I tried was good so I did enjoy the AT.

The steakhouse dish sounds delish! I love carpaccio, love horseradish....and the horseradish cream...yum! I'd love to have it. Was it an amuse bouch or a regular serving?