Staggered Check-In in San Juan

birdy

Just got the e-mail that Carnival is now implementing staggered check-in, beginning at 1 pm, at least for our February 19 cruise. Thought I would give those who have not gotten the e-mail a chance to check their Manage tab so they can get a good time slot. Maybe they are doing this to encourage FTTF for San Juan since all I've read on here is that it is not worth it.

They are slowly rolling out staggered check in to all the ports, they are not singling out San Juan.

True, but it is not really necessary in San Juan since check in is already naturally staggered with the late departure. Guests used to be able to check in as early as 11ish up until 8pm. Since many of the cruisers are locals, they arrive staggered. I agree with the OP that this may be CCL's attempt to boost FTTF here.

We just got the notice for Pt. Canaveral for our Feb 9th cruise. We are Platinum, but still picked a time. Plus we are local so I picked earliest time they allowed, but would adjust the time if cruising from any of the ports in South Fl.

In a way I can see why most cruise lines are doing this. It at least them know when people show up. So they can plan to have the right amount of check in people.

True, but it is not really necessary in San Juan since check in is already naturally staggered with the late departure. Guests used to be able to check in as early as 11ish up until 8pm. Since many of the cruisers are locals, they arrive staggered. I agree with the OP that this may be CCL's attempt to boost FTTF here.

How would this "boost" FTTF if you can picked you arrival time? Mine I was able to pick the time. Of course that may have been because we are Platinum now. Are people being assign times to show up?

We just got out notice today for next weekend departure. The first I was able to get was 1:30 / 2:00. It says bourding will not begin until 2:00. We are flying in the day before. I'm assuming we can drop off bags and check in at 1:30, then go back out for awhile.

Edited by Snowbaby369

We just got out notice today for next weekend departure. The first I was able to get was 1:30 / 2:00. It says bourding will not begin until 2:00. We are flying in the day before. I'm assuming we can drop off bags and check in at 1:30, then go back out for awhile.

You can check-in at your assigned time and board later.

How would this "boost" FTTF if you can picked you arrival time? Mine I was able to pick the time. Of course that may have been because we are Platinum now. Are people being assign times to show up?

You can pick your time slot, but spaces are limited so if the time you want isn't available you have to arrive later. Plus, check in used to start around 11:30am in San. Juan and now the earliest time offered is 1pm...unless you get FTTF or are Platinum, then you can board whenever you want. From my understanding, the FTTF and Plats can board even earlier then 1pm. So now it is a real perk to have FTTF if you needed or wanted to Checkin earlier. Does that make sense?

Before, FTTF didn't make sense in San Juan because there was rarely a line to check in no matter what time your arrived. Now it makes sense cause it gets you on the boat before 1pm (assuming you prefer that which I do). We do not have FTTF but we did get the 1pm slot so that will work...still on board in time for lunch :)

Edited by tomsuelaw

You can pick your time slot, but spaces are limited so if the time you want isn't available you have to arrive later. Plus, check in used to start around 11:30am in San. Juan and now the earliest time offered is 1pm...unless you get FTTF or are Platinum, then you can board whenever you want. From my understanding, the FTTF and Plats can board even earlier then 1pm. So now it is a real perk to have FTTF if you needed or wanted to Checkin earlier. Does that make sense?

Before, FTTF didn't make sense in San Juan because there was rarely a line to check in no matter what time your arrived. Now it makes sense cause it gets you on the boat before 1pm (assuming you prefer that which I do). We do not have FTTF but we did get the 1pm slot so that will work...still on board in time for lunch :)

Thanks, Sue. That is exactly what I meant. I am quite aware the staggered check-in is being rolled out as I had it a year ago on my last cruise. I was just being helpful in letting people know to check their boarding so they can get the time the want.

Just got the e-mail that Carnival is now implementing staggered check-in, beginning at 1 pm, at least for our February 19 cruise. Thought I would give those who have not gotten the e-mail a chance to check their Manage tab so they can get a good time slot. Maybe they are doing this to encourage FTTF for San Juan since all I've read on here is that it is not worth it.

I logged in and picked our slot upon receiving the email. However they keep sending the same email. I have received it three days in a row now. Is this happening to anyone else?

Birdy,

Not sure if you saw my post on your other thread. According to this post, you will be on the Feb 19 cruise. So are we. Go to the Roll call and sign up. There are a bunch of us on it.

Happy Cruising

We are platinum and I have selected the first time for boarding which is shown at 1 p.m.. Have any platinums done this cruise and been allowed on before 1? We are used to arriving as early as possible to be some of the first onboard but don't know if they are sticking to this 1 p.m. in San Juan.

I logged in and picked our slot upon receiving the email. However they keep sending the same email. I have received it three days in a row now. Is this happening to anyone else?

Yup, 3 days in a row. Exact same PDF. I always get a little anxious when you see urgent. :)

We are platinum and I have selected the first time for boarding which is shown at 1 p.m.. Have any platinums done this cruise and been allowed on before 1? We are used to arriving as early as possible to be some of the first onboard but don't know if they are sticking to this 1 p.m. in San Juan.

I read in another thread that Plats and FTTFs were getting on around 11. Sounds like they were able to check in and were on board by 11:15 exploring an empty ship! :D Personally I cannot confirm this :(

I hope you have a great cruise! I can't wait till I am platinum, but I have a long way to go ;)