The select drinks package post price increases?

Does anybody have any experience of using the select drinks package after the recent increases in drinks prices?

I would be particularly interested to know if the package limits have been increased in line with the increase in prices for the beer and especially the wine prices on board ship.

Any first hand experience would be most welcome.

There is no longer a "select" they changed packages in September there is Deluxe- which is the alcohol and virtually all non alcohol drinks.

The Replenish- coffees, sodas & non alcoholic drinks at the bar

And the Soda package

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a select built into my cruise deal, hence my question. I am advised that it will be honoured so I am really interested in the effect of the price increases. Is anyone on a ship on a select package that can answer my question?

My understanding it will still be honored at the original terms. I think it's been reported they will allow you to upgrade to the deluxe for a nominal fee.

We had the Ultimate booked when the change took effect and were upgraded to the deluxe for no charge.

The max price per drink on the deluxe is $13. However, most printed material still shows $12.

Thanks James, yes we could upgrade but only drink wine and beer generally. I hope they increase the limit to mirror the price increases as if they don't it will reduced the wines available to the package. It may get forgotten now the package is just running until it ceases. Anyone out there on select with experience of the current 'live' limits and if they are in line with recent price increases?

Thanks James, yes we could upgrade but only drink wine and beer generally. I hope they increase the limit to mirror the price increases as if they don't it will reduced the wines available to the package. It may get forgotten now the package is just running until it ceases. Anyone out there on select with experience of the current 'live' limits and if they are in line with recent price increases?

Hi there jerseylily, where are you sailing ?

We sailed on Serenade B2B out of Fort Lauderdale in December with the Select package on both cruises. We both kept to the Select package on the first cruise . As Bob said there was no limit on the beer selection and DH tried them all, especially the Guinness. The Fosters oil can was also included. Wine selection was very poor and only up to the value of $8. I upgraded my package on the second cruise and it was well worth it for the equivalent of the price of a one cocktail per day. I was trying everything !! It also included speciality coffees at Latetudes. You will also have the souvenir soda sippy cup with the Select package.

Edited by heatherb1958

Heather thank you for your reply. We will look at the wine lists and take a view when we board as wether or not to upgrade. We sail in February from Sydney which adds further complications as the limits are higher anyway on the Australia based cruises!

Heather thank you for your reply. We will look at the wine lists and take a view when we board as wether or not to upgrade. We sail in February from Sydney which adds further complications as the limits are higher anyway on the Australia based cruises!

Have a great cruise out of Australia. We went there for a month in 2001 on a land vacation , looking at Jan 2019 for a cruise out of Sydney to New Zealand.

You live on a lovely island by the way, stayed at the Bergerac hotel at Portelet bay in the 80s !!! OMG giving my age away, lol. I know demolished and long gone.

Edited by heatherb1958

Hi Heather be great news you came to Jersey in the 80s. That is spooky as I have just finished as a volunteer runner on a film for a local museum which is going to be called Bergerac's Island, Jersey in the 1980s or something similar. If you get a chance to visit Jersey this year you can come and see the lovely exhibition on the top floor of our museum in the Weighbridge area. It will bring back all sorts of memories for you. I was chosen because I too was there in the 80s indeed I was Miss St Mary 198O for one of our local small parishes. Reluctantly I might add!

Just returned from the Vision of the seas a fellow passenger was most upset he had the select package and it wasn't honoured I don't know the full info on this but it certainly wasn't honoured in his opinion. So print out your booking and anything you find stating Royal Caribbean will honour the all inclusive or Select Drinks packages.

Gary&Jac - There was a RCI twitter feed about it. I screenshot it and also bookmarked the post on CC from the poster from RCI .My cruise invoices clearly showed I had the package for both cruises. On embarkation we had the SP stickers on our seapass cards. There is more to your fellow passenger's story.

We were back to back and our second seapass cards did not have the SP stickers on. A quick visit to Guest services for them to check their system and we were on the manifest for it. No problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums