Carnival Vista moving to Galveston

Margaritaville TX

Wonder why they would do that especially with the bigger ships and fog constantly being an issue? So now when there are delays, it will be on an even bigger proportion. I'm scared to sail from there for that very reason. What a mess it becomes.

We don't have fog here very often! Maybe a couple of times a year, but that's not any more than any other tropical location.

Wonder why they would do that especially with the bigger ships and fog constantly being an issue? So now when there are delays, it will be on an even bigger proportion. I'm scared to sail from there for that very reason. What a mess it becomes.

Fog really is not as big of an issue down here as every one likes to make it seem. Handful of sailings a year and usually only in winter...Sailed several times and go there on weekends frequently with zero issues.

That being said...so excited to have Vista only one hour away!

We don't have fog here very often! Maybe a couple of times a year, but that's not any more than any other tropical location.

Not from what I have read. Fog is a familiar problem there, but I think it's worse certain times of the year. Can't recall how many times I have seen posts on people delayed for hours due to it there, but it has been a lot. Sure, every port can have problems, but fog seems to haunt Galveston. I think I saw once where it happened in Miami, and maybe a couple in Tampa. Still makes me vow to stay away.

Fog really is not as big of an issue down here as every one likes to make it seem. Handful of sailings a year and usually only in winter...Sailed several times and go there on weekends frequently with zero issues.

That being said...so excited to have Vista only one hour away!

Yep, THIS exactly. 😊 I've cruised out of Galveston I don't even know how many times, and the only time we ever ran into fog was one night between Cozumel and Belize. The fog horn blew all night, but it was clear when we arrived in a Belize in the morning.

I love the fact that they keep bringing over these newer ships to Galveston. Lets me take cruises on them instead of having to go all the way to Florida to experience the newer ships. I am confused though as to why they are doing away with the Bahamas on the ship. I suppose that's because the freedom will still go:) there!

I love the fact that they keep bringing over these newer ships to Galveston. Lets me take cruises on them instead of having to go all the way to Florida to experience the newer ships. I am confused though as to why they are doing away with the Bahamas on the ship. I suppose that's because the freedom will still go:) there!

i too am disappointed no Bahamas!

I'm wondering if they just don't list it, since they really only go that route about 3 times a year? I'm hoping it'll go that way too!

I'm wondering if they just don't list it, since they really only go that route about 3 times a year? I'm hoping it'll go that way too!

unless they change something all 2019 showing are accounted for no weeks to put the Eastern in.