Best DIY Gel for pedis

mrsfuzzmo

I would like to get a gel pedi before our cruise in two weeks, but the timing is just not in the cards. So I'm looking for a DIY gel polish that has good, long lasting, shiny results like a professional gel. Not interested in buying the whole "light" or anything, just a two step, DIY. Does anyone have a brand that was easy and looked like a gel?

Try CND Vinylux. You'll need a base coat (any kind) the CND Vinylux color of your choice & CND Vinylux weekly top coat. No light, very shiny & long lasting. Removes with regular polish. I normally get 3 weeks out of my manicure. Ulta has it & so does Sally's Beauty

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't use polish at home personally, but I do have friends/family members that use the gel two step process at home and seem to like it (Sally Hansen and Essie most notably). There are several others too.

Essie Gel Couture

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

They're available at drugstores, Ulta etc

Good luck! Enjoy your trip! :)

Try CND Vinylux. You'll need a base coat (any kind) the CND Vinylux color of your choice & CND Vinylux weekly top coat. No light, very shiny & long lasting. Removes with regular polish. I normally get 3 weeks out of my manicure. Ulta has it & so does Sally's Beauty

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great thanks!! I have a nearby ULTA and I'll check those brands out!

Vinylux is probably the best one to use. You are not suppose to use a basecoat however. Just 2 coats color, and their top coat. But it in no way compares to real gel unfortunately.

Interesting, my first CND Vinylux mini kit came with a bottle of CND "Stickey" base coat, so I've continued to use it. Mine lasts a minimum of two weeks, usually 3+

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't use polish at home personally, but I do have friends/family members that use the gel two step process at home and seem to like it (Sally Hansen and Essie most notably). There are several others too.

Essie Gel Couture

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

They're available at drugstores, Ulta etc

Good luck! Enjoy your trip! :)

Just a note...I've used the Sally Hansen brand and like it very much!:)