Radisson Tahiti - good for us?

jimbug

Hello,

I know very little about the Radisson Seven Seas cruise line, except to know that they have some fabulous Tahiti itineraries next year. My mother and I are going on an "all out" Tahiti/Pacific cruise in celebration of her retirement, and some of the RSSC itineraries are moving their way to the top of our possible cruise list. Now, we are not extremely "fancy" people. We enjoy dressing up and eating a lovely meal, but keep in mind we are from Oklahoma where "nice jeans" is considered dressy...haha. (No, don't worry...we don't wear our jeans on cruises!)

Anyhow, by the time this possible cruise rolls around, we would have sailed twice on Princess and once on HAL. Is RSSC very different from these mainstream lines? I certainly realize it's not a party-hardy Carnival ship, but I was wondering how far from Princess' understated elegance would it be? Would all ages enjoy a RSSC cruise? (I would be 25 and my mother 54.)

Thank you.

You and your mother will enjoy Radisson immensely! I am taking my 24 year old daughter on a RAdisson Caribbean cruise in March and we are both looking forward to it. I have not sailed on Radisson in Tahiti, but have done two European cruises, both on the Voyager. While I have not been on either of the lines you mentioned, I did go on an NCL cruise in Hawaii. The difference between RSSC and NCL is enormous! The quality of ship, rooms, food and level of service is tremendous. You will not be disappointed. Cheers, Pam

Tahiti is a world apart--go for it. And the Paul Gauguin is a really nice way to do it. Understated elegance is a good way to put the dress code, although dress gets pretty casual during the day--it is a tropical climate after all, and many of the activities involve the water. It also has no formal nights, unlike the Tahitian Princess which cruises the same waters. I'm hooked on Radisson, but even more hooked on Tahiti. Great way to celebrate retirement.

I feel the over all cruise between RSSC & other lines is easy to explain.

Not having thousands of people on board. No waiting in lines for everything. Not being charged for everything all the time.

Yes it is a little more relaxed, but it really depends on you and what you prefer. We have had some wild great parties on board.

How you feel when you have completed your cruise, are at home, and have time to think about it. That is when you will really appriciate that you decided to go on RSSC line.

For us the cruise on the Paul Gauguin 02/15/2003 was a 12 on a scale of 1 to 10. Very casual all the time. If you decide to do the PG I think you will be very happy with your choice.

03/22/80 Commodore MS Caribe

02/15/03 Radisson Paul Gauguin

02/22/04 Norwegian Dream (ick)

11/12/04 Radisson Mariner

02/15/05 Radisson Diamond

12/27/05 Radisson Voyager

SO HOW DID YOU MAKE OUT WITH YOUR DECISION?? I ALSO AM LOOKING AT THE TAHITI CRUISES W/RADISSON! NEVER BEEN CRUISING W/THEM BUT I HEAR GOOD THINGS!

Hello,

I know very little about the Radisson Seven Seas cruise line, except to know that they have some fabulous Tahiti itineraries next year. My mother and I are going on an "all out" Tahiti/Pacific cruise in celebration of her retirement, and some of the RSSC itineraries are moving their way to the top of our possible cruise list. Now, we are not extremely "fancy" people. We enjoy dressing up and eating a lovely meal, but keep in mind we are from Oklahoma where "nice jeans" is considered dressy...haha. (No, don't worry...we don't wear our jeans on cruises!)

Anyhow, by the time this possible cruise rolls around, we would have sailed twice on Princess and once on HAL. Is RSSC very different from these mainstream lines? I certainly realize it's not a party-hardy Carnival ship, but I was wondering how far from Princess' understated elegance would it be? Would all ages enjoy a RSSC cruise? (I would be 25 and my mother 54.)

Thank you.

So what did you decide?? I also am interested w/the Tahiti itineraries w/Radisson..have cruised before but never w/them.

Hello,

Thank you.

I cruised on the Radisson Voyager in the Mediterranean in May and had such a fantastic experience that I've now booked the Radisson PG Tahiti cruise for 2006! I too went with my mother, and we are going together again on this Tahiti cruise. We can't wait.

Our Radisson cruise was far superior in every way from any of the mass-market line cruises I've taken in the past. I'd recommend doing a little scrolling back through this forum to read the various perspectives among the cruisers in here, relative to comparing RSSC with the other lines, and I think you'll get a better idea of the differences. There are a number of threads in the past that cover this very topic.

Good luck with your decision!

LeeAnne

...keep in mind we are from Oklahoma ....

Jimbug, as a guy from just north of you in Kansas, I'll tell you that you will never, ever regret taking the PG. My wife and were on a B2B in August for our honeymoon.

For us, we thought the PG was the perfect blend of all things good--regardless of the ages of any adult concerned. French Polynesia is a fabulous place and I can not think of any better way to experience it than on-board the PG.

We are already trying to figure out the finances for our next cruise and our experience on the PG has cinched the deal for Radisson.

Go and enjoy it!!!

For what its worth.

Jan

We will be on the PG December 28th of this year. I will be happy to give you feedback on our return. I have sailed with Radisson before and was pleasantly surprised to find my fellow passengers and the atmosphere to be completely unstuffy. I have sailed with Princess four times and loved Radisson and believe you will too! Plus, from what I understand, the PG is particularly casual compared to other destinations. Please let us know what you decide.

Well, we haven't quite decided due to budget...but we're really leaning towards Radisson. My only issue is that the Tahitian Princess has an itinerary that includes both Hawaii & Tahiti, but Radisson does not. We'll see...hopefully very soon!

Archived