website to check which ships in Alaska ports on what day of the week

susiesan

What would be the best website that shows which cruise ships are in the various Alaska ports on a specific day? Because most seem to depart on Saturday and Sunday from Seattle, Vancouver, or Anchorage are they all in the ports at the same time? Helpful to know in advance for arranging individual shore excursions how many thousands of people will descend on these small towns at one time.

AryMay: that is an excellent resource. Do you think it is fair to assume that for 2018 the same schedule will apply? For example, if 6 ships are in Ketchikan on Wednesdays is it likely the same every year? Some of the lines already have their 2018 sailing up and taking bookings.

AryMay: that is an excellent resource. Do you think it is fair to assume that for 2018 the same schedule will apply? For example, if 6 ships are in Ketchikan on Wednesdays is it likely the same every year? Some of the lines already have their 2018 sailing up and taking bookings.

I don't know about 2018...but one thing you could try is to go "back in time". The same website still has the calendars showing the 2015 and 2016 Alaska cruise ship schedules. With three years of data you might be able to get a good idea of how the schedules compare.

• 3 weeks later...
this is cool info..... what does it mean? I can see which docks we'll be at... possibly useful for numbers of visitors?

That's right, you can find out where your ship is going to berth and the number of ships & people who will be in port when your there.

That's right, you can find out where your ship is going to berth and the number of ships & people who will be in port when your there.

I'm figuring on it also for estimating taxi fares/walking distance/bus fares for DIY shore excursions, and maybe just for previewing what I'll be looking at through the cabin window while I'm still on board.

(OTOH, there are no promises. Weather, scheduling problems, etc., could change all this at any time.)