First time Carnival Cruisers

vuz98

We will be sailing on the Liberty on February 2nd for a 3 day cruise out of PC in a group of 20 to celebrate a friend's birthday. We are very much looking forward to trying out a different cruise line as we have only sailed RCCL. I have a question about sending out laundry to be cleaned/pressed. Will I be able to send something out on the day of embarkation and receive it back the next day before dinner? Also, anything that anyone would like to share with a first time Carnival cruiser would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

I can't help you with the laundry question- I'm sure others here can.

Just a word of caution about the cruise you're taking- please don't accept it as typical of Carnival cruises... the short cruises tend to be drunkfests and party centrals. The longer the cruise, generally, the better behaved the passengers are! So disregard people who over-imbibe, get into fights or otherwise behave badly! The rest of us are not (usually LOL) like that!

I can't help you with the laundry question- I'm sure others here can.

Just a word of caution about the cruise you're taking- please don't accept it as typical of Carnival cruises... the short cruises tend to be drunkfests and party centrals. The longer the cruise, generally, the better behaved the passengers are! So disregard people who over-imbibe, get into fights or otherwise behave badly! The rest of us are not (usually LOL) like that!

I understand what you are talking about, as you can see by our signature we have done many short cruises; we live about 10 minutes from the cruise port in PC so these are easy for us to watch the prices and jump on when we can. Although my understanding is that Carnival is more of a "party cruise" believe me the weekend cruises on Royal can be the same, especially during during spring break. We are fairly tolerant (except for the fighting, :( ) and the group we are traveling with this time, can hold their own with some of the party central, believe me, LOL! My husband said I should mention that "we are the people that your parents warned you about" as Jimmy Buffet says. Not really but we do know how to have a good time without interfering with other passenger's enjoyment.

Any input on the food in the MDR? I can tell you that sadly, RCCL's has been going downhill the last couple of years. Not awful, by any means, just not the quality or selection it was in the past, IMHO.

Thank you for your response.

We will be sailing on the Liberty on February 2nd for a 3 day cruise out of PC in a group of 20 to celebrate a friend's birthday. We are very much looking forward to trying out a different cruise line as we have only sailed RCCL. I have a question about sending out laundry to be cleaned/pressed. Will I be able to send something out on the day of embarkation and receive it back the next day before dinner? Also, anything that anyone would like to share with a first time Carnival cruiser would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

From what I have heard make sure your clothes like to be washed in Hot water and dried in a Hot dryer. :eek:

Get a Guy's Burger as soon as you step on that ship, it will be the best decision of your whole cruise! Lol I'm not a fan of the food on Carnival, but that burger is delicious!

And for your laundry, I have gotten things back the next day before dinner many times. Locate your room Steward as soon as you have access to your cabin and they'll take of it for you.

Thank you for your responses, :) I know Hubby will definitely try the Guy's Burger, and I may as well!

From what I have heard make sure your clothes like to be washed in Hot water and dried in a Hot dryer. :eek:

Oh dear :eek:, well I only need something pressed so I will be very specific, thanks for the heads up!

Consider pressing it yourself in the self-serve laundry where irons and boards are available if you are concerned with the ship's service.

I am not concerned about the ship's service but it's good to know there is are irons and ironing boards available on the ship, something RCCL does not offer, that is a good to know! Thank you :)