Viking Star West Indies Ports of Call

Ebeth63

Can anyone who has cruised this itinerary tell me whether there is any tourist information available on board when we arrive at each port? We have never cruised with Viking before but on Azamara, there is usually a 'local' who comes on board with maps to hand out (and invaluable knowledge about destinations and transport options) as soon as the ship docks.

Thanks - in anticipation!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can anyone who has cruised this itinerary tell me whether there is any tourist information available on board when we arrive at each port? We have never cruised with Viking before but on Azamara, there is usually a 'local' who comes on board with maps to hand out (and invaluable knowledge about destinations and transport options) as soon as the ship docks.

Thanks - in anticipation!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No they do not have this service on Viking. There will be some maps but not anyone local to offer information. We love that they do this on Azamara.

No they do not have this service on Viking. There will be some maps but not anyone local to offer information. We love that they do this on Azamara.

But my understanding is that they have port discussions before arriving at each port. And they have included tours at each port led by locals, which is similar to the river cruises